July 31, 2019 · 2:17 pm
Cincinnati Landmark Productions, the parent theatrical organization for The Covedale Center for the Performing Arts and the Warsaw Federal Incline Theater is seeking a Sound Board Operator. Start date is August 29, 2019.
Basic Job Description: The sound board operator will run the sound board for half of the Cincinnati Landmark Productions’ performances. There are 13 productions a year and some special events throughout the year which will be split with our current sound board op.
Responsibilities include and are not limited to the following:
- Run the sound console as directed by the Sound Designer.
- Attend all technical rehearsals, dress rehearsals and performances in two venues – The Covedale Center for the Performing Arts and the new Warsaw Federal Incline Theater.
- Run any and all special events as scheduled.
- Complete dimmer checks and sound check before the show and correct any problems, including, replacing batteries for wireless mic system, replacement of fixture lamps, touch up focus, check fluids in hazers, fog machines, etc…
- Experience in running a sound board is preferred. Both Theaters have Yamaha digital mixing console QL5.
- Basic knowledge of theatre sound and lighting is preferred.
- Clear understanding of all functions of sound board and how a system is put together.
- Must be at least 21 years of age, have high school diploma or equivalency, some college preferred.
- Have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Candidate would have previous theatrical, technical experience (Preferred).
- Must be able to work in an unsupervised environment.
- Must be a self-starter, dependable, and have excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Must be willing and able to work nights and weekends of all performances.
Covedale Center for the Performing Arts shows run for 4 weeks on Thursdays at 7:30pm, Fridays and Saturdays at 8pm and Sundays 2pm. Call is 1 and ½ hour prior to showtime. Tech/dress rehearsals are in the evenings starting on the Sunday before opening.
The Warsaw Federal Incline Theater shows run for 4 weeks on Wednesday and Thursdays at 7:30pm, Fridays and Saturdays at 8pm and Sundays 2pm. Call is 1 and ½ hour prior to showtime. Tech/dress rehearsals are in the evenings starting on the Sunday before opening.
If interested, please email Denny Reed, Technical Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
(NO PHONE CALLS or WALK-INS PLEASE). When applying, please include a cover letter and resume.
Deadline for submissions: Wed., August 14, 2019
July 31, 2019 · 2:04 pm
Elizabeth, Noah and mom Betsy Carras are performing together in LSC’s MAMMA MIA.
Loveland Stage Company’s MAMMA MIA opens August 15 and runs through the 25th. The musical revolves around the popular music of ABBA but the heart of the story line is about family. And family ties are found throughout the talented cast.
Ava Swearingen plays the role of Sophie, desperately trying to find her “real” father. Ava’s mother, Bobbie Jo is in the ensemble.
Betsy Carras, an English teacher in Mason City schools, is joined in the cast by her two children Elizabeth and Noah.
Lee Vest, cast as Pepper, is joined by his dad Dave who is working on set construction
Artistic Director and set Designer Deirdre Dyson is joined by her husband Dick, who is the light designer.
Steve and Theresa Kovacs are the co-producers of this production.
The production opens August 15 and will continue through August 25. Showtimes are August 15, 16, 17, 23 and 24 at 730 p.m. and 3 p.m. on August 18, 24 (with an ASL presentation) and 25.
All tickets are $20 and can be purchased at http://lovelandstagecompany.org or by calling 513.443.4572. The theatre is located at 11 S. 2nd St. 9Rt. 48), Loveland OH 45140.
July 31, 2019 · 1:20 pm
THE MARQUIS CROSSING LADIES SOCIETY’S FIRST ATTEMPT AT MURDER by Pat Cook
Auditions for this murder mystery at
Hamline Chapel UMC, Vine and High Streets, Lawrenceburg
Wed., Aug. 14 at 5pm
Sat., Aug. 17 at 10 am
Show dates: Oct. 25 and 26 at Hilforest Mansion
Looking for 3 men, 6 women
Readings from the script.
- EMMA THORNTON: A slightly daffy older lady with a warm heart.
- AUDREY KESSELRING: Emma’s best friend, a sarcastic, middle-aged lady.
- MIDGE DODGE: A small but energetic middle-aged woman. Must play chords on piano and sing.
- BERYL OVERTON: A rather dim middle-aged woman.
- OPALINE JONES: A pushy, suspicious middle-aged woman.
- JOAN PARNELL: A young and pretty neighbor of Emma’s.
- MAD JACK PARKER: A rather crude convict.
- TERRY HOPKINS: Emma’s young and handsome nephew.
- OFFICER KERNS: Barney Fife’s protégé.
July 31, 2019 · 9:27 am
AUGUST 5 and 6 at 7pm
CATFISH MOON, a comedy by Laddy Sartin
A warm comedy about friendship, love, loss, and of course, FISHING. It all takes place on an old pier in the South Carolina back country. Three middle-aged friends relive their past and hash out the complexities of their lives at their favorite fishing spot from childhood.
Directed by Saul Caplan
SHOW DATES: October 4-13
NEEDED: 3 men, 1 woman
Auditions are cold readings from the script. No preparation required.
Xenia Area Community Theater
All characters are SOUTHERN. Bring your best corn-pone and sweet tea accent with you.
Curley, Gordon, Frog, and Curley’s slightly younger (1-2 years) sister Betty have all grown up together. The age-range is flexible, but they all have to LOOK reasonably the same age. 25 is too young; 60 is too old. WAAAAY too old. The target range is mid-to-late 30s, but that can be adapted depending on the best foursome.
- Curley is the de-facto leader of the trio. He is better educated and more well-spoken than the other two. There is a maturity about him that Gordon and Frog lack.
- Gordon is more of the good-ol’ boy type. He is an optimistic romantic. He also has an alcohol problem.
- Frog is the most red-neck of the group. He is angry and short tempered and is ready to fight anybody, anytime.
- Betty is the common denominator of the group. Besides being Curley’s sister, she is Gordon’s girlfriend and Frog’s ex-wife. She, like Curley is educated and well-spoken (she’s a teacher).
These are just quick stereotypes for you to think about. If you’re cast, you’ll be free to find your character’s voice yourself.
July 31, 2019 · 9:22 am
Two Short Plays
Xenia Area Community Theatre
Aug. 30-Sept. 8
NO MOTHER TO GUIDE HER: OR MORE TO BE PITIED THAN CENSURED
THE POTMAN SPOKE SOOTH
- Fri, Aug. 30 at 6pm (Gala)
- Sat. Aug. 31 at 7:30pm
- Fri-Sat, Sept. 6-7 at 7:30pm
- Sun, Sept. 8 at 3pm
Official page |