Cincinnati Landmark Productions to hold auditions for ON THE TOWN
Open Audition dates/times:
- Saturday, October 30th 2:00 to 5:00pm
- Sunday, October 31st 3:00 to 6:00pm
- Monday, November 1st 6:30 to 9:30 pm.
The Warsaw Federal Incline Theater
801 Matson Place
Cincinnati, OH 45204
If you’d like the audition forms sent to you in advance, email Jennifer Perrino at Jenniferperrino@clpshows.org.
CLP MASK POLICY – as of August 2021
In accordance with current state guidelines, masks are not required though recommended in CLP venues for those who are fully vaccinated. If you are not fully vaccinated, we ask that you wear a mask throughout the space unless you are actively auditioning. If needed, masks we be available. CLP will continue to follow state and local mandates.
Important Audition Information
- You will be asked to read from the script.
- Please prepare a song to sing for 32 measures in musical theatre style.
- You will be taught a dance combination as well.
- Must be a minimum of 16 years of age to audition.
- MUST HAVE A RESUME listing theatrical experience in order to audition
- A headshot/picture is appreciated. Please bring a headshot and resume
- CLP is actively seeking a diverse cast. Performers of all races and ethnicities, gender identities, sexualities and abilities are especially encouraged to audition and will be considered for all roles
No more than 2 conflicts will be accepted during the rehearsal process.
All roles are paid positions. No Roles have been precast.
Cast members do not have to be the actual ages of the characters in any of the productions – But must be able to look age appropriate and act accordingly.
March 17 – April 10 2022
Music by Leonard Bernstein/Book and Lyrics by Betty Comden and Adolph Green/ Based on an Idea by Jerome Robbins
Production team: Maggie Perrino, Co-Director/Choreographer; Genevieve Perrino, Co-Director/Choreographer; Greg Dastillung, Music Director and Holly McGowan, Production Stage Manager
ON THE TOWN, the energetic wartime musical about three sailors on a 24-hour leave in New York City, features thrilling music by Leonard Bernstein with playful lyrics and book by Betty Comden and Adolph Green. The show’s celebrated score includes a number of musical theatre standards, including “Come Up to My Place,” “I Can Cook, Too,” “Some Other Time” and “New York, New York.”
- Gabey (Supporting): Male, 20-39
a sailor, earnest and enthusiastic – almost to a fault (as tends to be somewhat rash). After a single glance at the picture of Ivy Smith, he falls head over heels in love. Must be a superb dancer; baritone, Bb-high A.
- Chip (Supporting): Male, 20-39
a sailor, energetic and determined to see every sight New York has to offer under a 24 hour time constraint – the ultimate tourist, somewhat naïve, the object of Hildy’s enthusiastic affection. Must be a superb dancer; baritone: Bb-high G.
- Ozzie (Supporting): Male, 20-39
a sailor, the ultimate ladies man and well-known wise guy, loves all women, but Claire in particular; must be a superb dancer, character baritone: F-high G.
- Ivy Smith (Supporting): Female, 20-39
small town girl trying to make her way in New York as an aspiring actress/lounge dancer. AKA ‘Miss Turnstiles of the Month’ Ivy is the object of Gabey’s affection. Spirited but with a certain class and elegance. Must be a superb dancer, ballet and jazz; mezzo-soprano, low C-high G.
- Hildy (Supporting): Female, 20-39
a female cab-driver, confident, brash and aggressive. Rarely takes ‘no’ for an answer especially from Chip; must have great comedic chops; mezzo-soprano, low A-high G.
- Claire De Loone (Supporting): Female, 30-49
gorgeous, somewhat zany anthropologist, on the outside she is elegant, poised and intellectual but under it all she tends to be man-obsessed and wild. Ozzie brings out this ‘other’ side to her, also engaged to Judge Pitkin; soprano, low F-high C.
- Madame Dilly (Supporting): Female, 40-69
Ivy’s vocal coach, somewhat world-weary, she posses an intimidating presence and a no-nonsense, slightly sloppy demeanor. Must be a brilliant comedienne who plays a drunk, punctuates her notes with swigs of whiskey; character mezzo-soprano, low C-High Eb.
- Pitkin (Supporting): Male, 40-59
a judge, stately but a bit gullible and dim, engaged to Claire, a very trusting cuckold; bass, A-D.
- Diana / Dolores: – Ages 22 – 35. Soprano. Diana Dream and Dolores Dolores are nightclub singers.
- Workman 1: – Bass. Opens the show with the soulful lament, “I Feel Like I’m Not Out of Bed Yet.”
- Rajah Bimmy: – Ages 30 – 65. Bass. Rajah is the MC for a dancing show featuring Ivy. Will double as Miss Turnstiles announcer.
- Male and Female Ensemble Parts both speaking and dancing roles.