The shows must go on, safely.
Cincinnati Landmark Productions announces today the ‘Open Air Cabarets at the Incline,’ a series of benefit performances in support of the venerable west side non-profit arts group. All performances will take place on the top deck of the parking garage at the Warsaw Federal Incline Theater, with safety in mind.
The series launches on Friday, August 28 and will run Fridays and Saturdays for four weekends. All shows will begin at 8pm and last no longer than 90 minutes.
Each audience pod comes with a table and 4 seats. Tables will be sold each night for $80 and will be spaced over 12’ apart on the parking deck, all with great views of a temporary stage next to the building. The musicians and singers will be a collection of Landmark Productions cast favorites and friends, performing songs from hit shows or pop tunes through the years.
Tables are on sale now through the CLP Box Office. Call (513) 241-6550 Monday through Friday from 11am to 5pm. Advance sales are highly encouraged.
Executive Artistic Director Tim Perrino promises a night of needed fun.
“Whether you know us from our 23 years at the Showboat, 19 years at the Covedale or 39 years of Cincinnati Young People’s Theatre – you know that CLP brings the most exciting talent to our stages,” Perrino said. “Up-and-comers, big local names and even stars from National Tours and Broadway will be performing at the ‘Open Air Cabaret’ at the Incline. They’re devoting their time and talent to support our theaters during the crisis. Join them in their support while you enjoy their dazzling performances outdoors at the Warsaw Federal Incline Theater.”
All proceed from the events will go toward Landmark Productions operational costs. Due to mandated performance cancellations, the organization estimates a $1.5 million drop in revenue. But facility and overhead fixed costs remain during this trying time. Table sales for the Open Air Cabarets and other important fundraising initiatives will allow the organization to stay financially solvent, until normal operations can resume.
Seating will be capped at 25 tables (100 people) per night, for necessary safety and spacing. Parking for the event will be available in the lower level public parking garage, accessed from Matson Place, or on nearby neighborhood streets.
Carryout food from one of the nearby Incline District restaurants is encouraged; however outside drinks/alcohol will NOT be permitted to be brought on site. No coolers etc. Event staff will sell drinks outside at drink stations or in the lobby bar. Note that the lobby and restrooms will have posted occupancy limits. Landmark officials ask that attendees please respect the guidelines and wear masks inside at all times.
For more information or to purchase tickets, call the Box Office at (513) 241-6550.
Complete Performance Dates/Times:
- Friday, August 28 at 8pm
- Saturday, August 29 at 8pm
- Friday, September 4 at 8pm
- Saturday, September 5 at 8pm
- Friday, September 11 at 8pm SOLD OUT
- Saturday, September 12 at 8pm SOLD OUT
- Friday, September 18 at 8pm SOLD OUT
- Saturday, September 19 at 8pm SOLD OUT
- Friday, September 25 at 8pm ADDED DATE
- Saturday, September 26 at 8pm ADDED DATE
- Friday, October 2 at 8pm ADDED DATE
- Saturday, October 3 at 8pm ADDED DATE
CLP officials announced today the cancellation of the remainder of the scheduled 2020 Summer Classics Season at the Warsaw Federal Incline Theater. This joins the previously canceled production of NEWSIES.
Since the entire slate of shows were shelved this summer, we would like to announce today:
- We intend to produce the 2020 Summer Classics Season lineup next summer, in 2021. This is pending rights and talent availability and budget considerations.
- All 2020 subscriptions will automatically be transferred to the 2021 season
o Same shows, same seats, same price, same basic timing!
Until and unless we hear from 2020 Summer Classics subscribers, your account in the Cincinnati Landmark Productions ticketing system would show that you are fully paid for the 2021 Summer Classics Season.
You might prefer to use this credit on (1) additional tickets to future productions or (2) as a credit for future subscriptions at either the Warsaw Federal Incline Theater or at the Covedale Center for the Performing Arts.
Note: if you donated your Newsies tickets to CLP, we will automatically convert your donation back into tickets to the show for next year. If you wish your donation to remain as a tax deductible contribution, please just let us know that.
Contact the Box Office at (513) 241-6550 – 11am to 5pm, Monday through Friday – as needed. Or email Box Office Manager Denny Reed at email@example.com.
ALERT: Effective immediately, all upcoming performances of THE LAST FIVE YEARS have been cancelled.
Current ticket holders for a cancelled performance can:
- Donate your ticket and receive a tax deduction for the total ticket value
- Credit your ticket value toward a future performance
- Credit your ticket value toward an upcoming subscription
- Request a refund for your ticket price
Please contact the Box Office during normal hours – Monday through Saturday, 11am to 5pm – by calling (513) 241-6550.
All future productions at this venue are under consideration while we await an updated timeline on the governor’s ban on mass gatherings.
THE LAST FIVE YEARS
Warsaw Federal Incline Theatre
[East Price Hill]
Directed by Tim Perrino
Music directed by Michael Kennedy
Cast: Elliott Handkins as Jamie Wellerstein & Lauren Magness as Catherine Hiatt
An emotionally powerful and intimate musical about two New Yorkers in their twenties who fall in and out of love over the course of five years, the show’s unconventional structure consists of Cathy, the woman, telling her story backwards while Jamie, the man, tells his story chronologically; the two characters only meet once, at their wedding in the middle of the show.
- Thu, March 12 at 7:30pm
- Fri-Sat, March 13-14 at 8pm
- Sun, March 15 at 2pm
- Wed-Thu, March 18-19 at 7:30pm
- Fri-Sat, March 20-21 at 8pm
- Sun, March 22 at 2pm
- Wed-Thu, March 25-26 at 7:30pm
- Fri-Sat, March 27-28 at 8pm
- Sun, March 29 at 2pm
Official page | Facebook event |
The cast includes:
- Katelyn Reid as Carrie Pipperidge
- Lauren Everett as Julie Jordan
- Jeremiah Plessinger as Billy Bigelow
- Kelsey R. Cummings as Nettie Fowler
- Dylan McGill as Enoch Snow\
- Jon Caspian as Jigger Craigin
- Anna Hazard as Mrs. Mullin
- Tara-Lynne Skinner as Louise
- Ensemble: Evan Rogers, Dan Roberston, Nicholas Brown, Nick Godfrey, Zac Holman, Renee Stoltzfus (Dance Captain), Sara Cox, Frankie Montazemi, Cassidy Steele, Anna R. Schindler, Rachael Petranek and Benjamin Brown
Directed by Dee Anne Bryll. Music directed by Ryan Heinrich. Choreographed by Jay Goodlett,
Performances run Aug. 19-Sept. 13
For more information visit www.cincinnatilandmarkproductions.com/Incline