Cincinnati Landmark Productions, the parent theatrical organization for The Covedale Center for the Performing Arts and the Warsaw Federal Incline Theater is seeking a Sound Board Operator. Start date is August 29, 2019.
Basic Job Description: The sound board operator will run the sound board for half of the Cincinnati Landmark Productions’ performances. There are 13 productions a year and some special events throughout the year which will be split with our current sound board op.
Responsibilities include and are not limited to the following:
- Run the sound console as directed by the Sound Designer.
- Attend all technical rehearsals, dress rehearsals and performances in two venues – The Covedale Center for the Performing Arts and the new Warsaw Federal Incline Theater.
- Run any and all special events as scheduled.
- Complete dimmer checks and sound check before the show and correct any problems, including, replacing batteries for wireless mic system, replacement of fixture lamps, touch up focus, check fluids in hazers, fog machines, etc…
- Experience in running a sound board is preferred. Both Theaters have Yamaha digital mixing console QL5.
- Basic knowledge of theatre sound and lighting is preferred.
- Clear understanding of all functions of sound board and how a system is put together.
- Must be at least 21 years of age, have high school diploma or equivalency, some college preferred.
- Have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Candidate would have previous theatrical, technical experience (Preferred).
- Must be able to work in an unsupervised environment.
- Must be a self-starter, dependable, and have excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Must be willing and able to work nights and weekends of all performances.
Covedale Center for the Performing Arts shows run for 4 weeks on Thursdays at 7:30pm, Fridays and Saturdays at 8pm and Sundays 2pm. Call is 1 and ½ hour prior to showtime. Tech/dress rehearsals are in the evenings starting on the Sunday before opening.
The Warsaw Federal Incline Theater shows run for 4 weeks on Wednesday and Thursdays at 7:30pm, Fridays and Saturdays at 8pm and Sundays 2pm. Call is 1 and ½ hour prior to showtime. Tech/dress rehearsals are in the evenings starting on the Sunday before opening.
If interested, please email Denny Reed, Technical Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
(NO PHONE CALLS or WALK-INS PLEASE). When applying, please include a cover letter and resume.
Deadline for submissions: Wed., August 14, 2019