Coming to the Taft Theatre this December
Cincinnati – The Children’s Theatre of Cincinnati’s 2021-2022 MainStage Season kicks off with ELF THE MUSICAL JR. at the Taft Theatre December 4-12, 2021. Tickets will go on sale Monday, November 1 at 10 a.m.
The Children’s Theatre of Cincinnati asks audiences to join with us in providing the safest space possible for patrons big and small, cast, crew, volunteers, and staff. The following protocol will be in place for our 2021-2022 MainStage season, beginning with ELF THE MUSICAL JR. in December:
- Masks are required for ALL ticketholders age 2+, regardless of vaccination status.
- All patrons ages 12+ must provide proof of *full COVID-19 vaccination or proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test result administered within 72 hours of show start time. A negative rapid antigen test administered within 24 hours will also be accepted.
- This rule applies to teachers and chaperones during our daytime school performances as well as at all public shows.
- To enter the theater, please bring a **photo ID and one of the following:
- Original vaccine card or test result
- Photograph or copy of vaccine card or test result
- Photograph of vaccine card or test result stored on your electronic device
- *Fully vaccinated means the performance you attend is at least 14 days after your final vaccine dose.
- **Please note: photo IDs are not required for children.
- Guests who need a reasonable mask accommodation for medical reasons must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours prior to entering the theater regardless of vaccination status. A negative rapid antigen test administered within 24 hours will also be accepted.
- If you are experiencing symptoms (i.e. fever, chills, cough), please stay home and do not attend the event. Contact the Box Office at 513-569-8080 x10 to discuss your ticket options. Read about our refund policy here.
- Our public performance seating will not be socially distanced. Please contact the TCT Box Office with any questions at 513-569-8080 x10 or email us at email@example.com.
- School show capacities will be limited, and school groups will be separated from one another to the best of our ability during daytime school performances.
- No concessions will be sold during any performance.
- No food or drinks will be allowed in the theater.
- No merchandise will be sold during any performance. Special ELF packs will be available to purchase in advance and will be mailed to patrons. Details coming soon!
- Autographs for subscribers and Crown Club members after public performances have been postponed indefinitely.
- Protect yourself and others. Thank you!
Buddy, a young orphan, mistakenly crawls into Santa’s bag of gifts and is transported to the North Pole. The would-be elf is raised unaware that he is actually a human, until his enormous size and poor toy-making abilities cause him to face the truth. With Santa’s permission, Buddy embarks on a journey to New York City to find his birth father and discover his true identity. Buddy is determined to win over his new family and help New York remember the true meaning of Christmas.
Book by Thomas Meehan and Bob Martin. Music by Matthew Sklar. Lyrics by Chad Beguelin. Based upon the New Line Cinema film written by David Berenbaum. Originally produced by Warner Bros. Theatre Ventures In Association with Unique Features. Directed by Roderick Justice. Choreographed by Eric Byrd.
Ideal for ages 4+.
Showtimes for ELF THE MUSICAL JR. include:
- Saturday, December 4 at 2 PM (this performance is signed for the hearing impaired)
- Saturday, December 4 at 5 PM
- Sunday, December 5 at 2 PM
- Friday, December 10 at 7 PM
- Saturday, December 11 at 11 AM
- Saturday, December 11 at 2 PM
- Sunday, December 12 at 2 PM
All The Children’s Theatre of Cincinnati’s Broadway-style MainStage productions, including ELF THE MUSICAL JR., are performed in the historic Taft Theatre, at 5th and Sycamore Streets in Downtown Cincinnati. Tickets start at $10. Visit thechildrenstheatre.com for tickets or visit the TCT Box Office at 4015 Red Bank Road, Cincinnati, OH 45227, Monday – Friday from 9 AM to 5 PM to purchase tickets in person.
Season Subscriptions & Flex Pass Packages
Traditional subscriptions and flex pass packages to the TCT 2021-2022 MainStage Season are available now at www.thechildrenstheatre.com.
Regular subscriptions start at just $43. All subscriptions and single tickets remain refundable during the pandemic if you are unable to attend due to COVID-19.
Showtimes are changing in 21-22
To best accommodate our youngest patrons, TCT has adjusted MainStage weekend showtimes. TCT will now host a 5 PM showtime the first Saturday, and an 11 AM show the second Saturday. The Friday 7:30 PM performances will be moving up to 7 PM.
ALS interpretation and audio description will be offered on the first Saturday at 2 PM performances of all productions.
Daytime, weekday school performances will be offered for all productions. Visit https://thechildrenstheatre.com/shows/elf/ for details.
ELF THE MUSICAL JR. is made possible by the generosity of Production Sponsors Edyth B. Lindner and TriHealth as well as Season Sponsors, ArtsWave, Ohio Arts Council, The Patricia A. Corbett Trust, William S. Rowe Foundation, The Charles H. Dater Foundation, The H.B., E. W. and F.R. Luther Charitable Foundation, Fifth Third Bank and Narley L. Haley, Co-Trustees. The Children’s Theatre of Cincinnati is supported by ArtsWave and the generosity of tens of thousands of contributors to the ArtsWave Community Campaign. The Ohio Arts Council helped fund this program with state tax dollars to encourage economic growth, educational excellence, and cultural enrichment for all Ohioans.
CAST (In Alphabetical Order)
- Deb – Katie Pees Arber
- Matthews/Fake Santa/Ensemble – David Armando
- Chadwick/Ensemble – Chris Logan Carter
- Ensemble – Brinley Culver
- Ensemble – Brooke Chamberlain
- Ensemble – Stella D’Ascenzo
- Ensemble – Celia D’Ascenzo
- Jovie – Alloria Frayser
- Sarah – Leah Hall
- Michael Hobbs/Charlie the Elf – Griffin Hatfield
- Ensemble – Kai Horvit
- Ensemble – Dez Flynn Hutchens
- Store Manager/Ensemble – Je’Shaun Jackson
- Sam/Emma Van Brockin – Kyndra Jefferies
- Buddy – A. James Jones
- Darlene Lambert – Tori Kocher
- Ensemble – Elli Maddock
- Ensemble – Peyton Morgan
- Mr. Greenway/Ensemble – Rodney Neal
- Walter Hobbs – Dain Alan Paige
- Santa/Ensemble – Ryan J. Poole
- Ensemble – Kip Richardson
- Ensemble – Chelsea Russell
- Emily – Deb Schubert
- Ensemble – Kate Stark
- Ensemble – Morgan Tracy
- Ensemble – Kavan Vadivelu
- Ensemble – Keya Vadivelu
- Charlotte Dennon/Ensemble – Michelle Wells
Understudies: For Greenway, Store Manager, and Souvlaki Stand: David Armando; for Santa and Walter: Rodney Neal; for Buddy: Chris Logan Carter; for Matthews, Chadwick, and Sam: Kai Horvit; for Deb: Tori Kocher; for Jovie: Leah Hall; for Emily: Michelle Wells; for Michael and Charlie: Kavan Vadivelu.