September 30, 2016 · 6:55 am
The Sunset Players needs one more cast member to fill out the cast of their Children’s Production of THE HOUSE AT POOH CORNER.
Rehearsals will start in the next couple weeks and be on Tuesday, Thursdays and Sundays.
The show runs December 2,3,4,9,10 & 11.
This is a fun show, for ( and to some extent by) children. We welcome children, adolescents and / or adults to be part of the cast and crew.
We try to make this production a learning experience for all involved.
If you are interested in reading for a part, please contact the Director, Dave Myers at 451-2519 or email@example.com.
September 30, 2016 · 6:41 am
Hamilton, OH, September 28, 2016—With its inaugural production, the Fitton Playhouse presents THE SECRET GARDEN, a musical now celebrating its 25th anniversary of its Broadway debut. This enchanting classic of children’s literature is reimagined in brilliant musical style by composer Lucy Simon and Marsha Norman, a Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright.
THE SECRET GARDEN is produced and directed by Ryan Heinrich–with choreography by Emily Brinkman and instrumental direction by Betsy Horton.
This production has brought together professional actors from throughout the region. Alyssa Hart of Milford leads the cast as Mary Lennox. Hamilton-born and a graduate of Indiana University’s Jacob School of Music, Olivia Yokers returns to her hometown stage as Lily. Wright State theatre graduate Matt Neal is Mary’s reclusive Uncle Archibald. Recent transplant from New York City and theatre teacher at Butler Tech School of the Arts, professional actor Cy Wood will play Dr. Craven. Following a recent stint in Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park’s production of The Secret Garden, Talia Noelle Zoll plays Mary’s mother, Rose. Professional actress, Allison Edwards from the School for Creative and Performing Arts plays Martha.
Rounding out the highly talented cast are David Manegold (Albert), Colin Shimrock (Dickon), Mark Reuter (Ben), Lyndall Murray (Mrs. Medlock), Sam Harper (Colin), Sami Shaaban (Fakir), Jeff Sams (Major Holmes), Bridget Lorenz (Claire), Scott Christian (Lt. Wright) and Kathryn Zajac-Albertson (Alice).
Performances will be held at the Fitton Center’s Fitton Family Theatre (101 S. Monument Ave, Hamilton, Ohio 45011) October 14-15 at 7:30pm and October 15-16 at 2pm.
Tickets are available online at www.fittoncenter.org and by phone at 513-863-8873, $20 for members, $25 for non-members.
September 30, 2016 · 6:38 am
AND THEN THERE WERE NONE
Beechmont Players Inc.
Directed by Jim Waldfogle
Produced by Barbara Alenduff
Cast: Mary Ventura as Vera Claythorne, Andrew Zuk as Philip Lombard, Steve Phelan as Sir Lawrence Wargrave, Ray Lebowski as Dr. Armstrong, Richard Zenk as William Blore, Mary Ann Fagel as Emily Brent, Clint Bramkamp as General MacKenzie, Andy Shamblin as Anthony Marston, Kevin Schwallie as Rogers, Lee Anne Waldfogle as Mrs. Rogers & Bryce Willson as Fred Narracott
Ten guilty strangers are brought together on an isolated island by invitations from an unknown host. One by one they are accused of murder, one by one they succumb to an unseen, diabolical avenger. A nursery rhyme foretells how each of the ten will meet their death until finally…there are none…
- Fri-Sat, Oct. 21-22 at 8pm
- Sun, Oct. 23 at 3pm
- Fri, Oct. 28 at 8pm
- Sat, Oct. 29 at 3pm & 8pm
Official page |
September 30, 2016 · 6:33 am
Showbiz Players is extremely proud to announce auditions for it’s 30th Anniversary Production, Frank Wildhorn’s THE CIVIL WAR.
- Sunday, November 20 – 6:00-9:00 pm
- Monday, November 21 – 7:00-10:00pm
Callback – Tuesday, November 22 – 7:00pm
Madisonville Recreation Center
5320 Stewart Ave.
Cincinnati, OH 45227
This production of THE CIVIL WAR will be very special and will have a strong emotional impact. Besides the dramatic content, this show will be a celebration of the 30th Anniversary of Showbiz Players and will also be its final show. This production will be totally re-staged and re-imagined from our previous versions. Some of the songs previously sung by one person, may be sung by someone else or by multiple people this time. We have permission from Frank Wildhorn to change things from the script. He will be providing us with a new song for this production.
Multi-Ethnic Cast of Strong Singers Needed
- 12 Caucasian Men/6 Caucasian Women
- 5 African American Men/5 African American Women
- 2 Possibly Non-singing Caucasian Men
To sign up for an audition time slot – http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0f49a5a623a46-auditions
Audition Requirements – Bring sheet music in the correct key and prepare 16-32 Bars from your best Pop, Gospel or Broadway selection. No monologue required. Acting ability will be determined by the “selling” of your song. There will be a dance audition for those auditioning as interpretive dancers. Headshots are helpful but not required.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email the Director, Bunny Arszman at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 513-325-7842.
Production Dates: April 28-May 6 at The Carnegie in Covington
Caucasian Male Roles:
- Confederate Captain Billy Pierce (age range 35-55) (Vocal range B5-A3)
- Union Captain Emmet Lochran (age range 35-60) (Vocal range B5-C4)
- Bill McEwen (age range 20’s-30’s)
- Nathaniel Taylor (20’s) (Vocal range B5-B3)
- Samuel Taylor (20’s)
- AutoLycus Fell (30’s)
- Narrator – Possibly Non-singing (40’s-60’s Country accent) – May play other roles
- Speaker of some of Abraham Lincoln quotes – Possibly non-singing (40’s-60’s)
- + Strong male singers for Solder’s Ensemble
African American Roles – Male & Female:
- Frederick Douglass (50’s) (Vocal Range D6-D4)
- Benjamin (30’s-40’s) (Vocal Range G5-C4)
- Clayton & Bessie Toler (Vocal Range C6-F3) – These roles have been pre-cast
- Harriet (Age Range 25-35) (Vocal Range C6-A3)
- 2 Interpretive Dancers – 1 Male/1 Female (potentially non-singing)
- + Strong Male/Female singers for Enslaved Ensemble
Caucasian Female Roles:
- Sarah McEwen (age range 18-30) (Vocal range F5-F3)
- The Nurse (age range 20’s-40’s)
- + Strong female singers for Civilian Ensemble (will be some solo opportunities)
September 29, 2016 · 7:00 am
MY FAIR LADY runs April 27-May 21 at the Covedale Center for the Performing Arts. It is directed by Tim Perrino, with music direction by Xan Jeffrey and choreography by Maggie Perrino.
The cast includes:
- Sarah Viola as Eliza Doolittle
- Brent Alan Burington as Henry Higgins
- Matt Dentino as Alred P. Doolittle
- Dave Wilson as Freddy Eynsford Hill
- Gregory Bossler as Colonel Pickering
- Julia Hasl Miller as Mrs. Eynsford-Hill
- Kaitlin McCulloch as Mrs. Pearce
- Mary Puetz as Mrs. Higginsand
- The Ensemble includes: Cody Roberts, Chance Kilgour, Brandon Bentley, Heather Hale, Jessica Kaiser, Leiren Jackson, Heather Pfeiffer, Greg Moore, Royce Louden & Matt Pugh
For more information visit www.cincinnatilandmarkproductions.com/ccpa.