Today, Cincinnati Shakespeare, and several other Performing Arts organizations in Cincinnati, announced that we will require audience members to wear masks and provide proof of COVID vaccination or negative test results for productions beginning this fall. Learn more on our Health and Safety Updates page below as we join with the following organizations to make this announcement today: Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park, Ensemble Theatre Cincinnati, Know Theatre of Cincinnati, Cincinnati Ballet, Cincinnati Opera, Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra, Cincinnati Pops Orchestra, and the Cincinnati Arts Association, (including the following Aronoff Center for the Arts resident companies: Broadway in Cincinnati, Cincinnati Music Theatre, Cincinnati Playwrights Initiative (CPI), Exhale Dance Tribe, Mutual Dance Theatre, and Revolution Dance Theatre) and Falcon Theatre. We greatly appreciate everyone’s flexibility and understanding as we reopen our venues safely!
As the performing arts in Cincinnati reopen, and to ensure the health and safety of their guests, staff, and artists, a group of performing arts organizations and venues in Cincinnati, including Cincinnati Shakespeare Company, announced today that they will require audience members to wear masks and provide proof of COVID vaccination or negative test results for admittance beginning this fall.
At this time, all ticketholders at Cincinnati Shakespeare Company must be masked and show proof of a full COVID vaccination status or documentation of a negative COVID test to enter The Otto M. Budig Theater.
Option 1: Proof of Vaccination
Ticketholders 12 years of age or older may show proof of full COVID vaccination to enter accompanied by a photo ID. “Fully vaccinated” means that the ticketholder’s performance is at least 14 days after their final vaccine dose.
Option 2: Negative COVID PCR Test
Ticketholders 5 years of age* or older may show proof of a negative COVID PCR test taken within 72 hours of performance to enter.
*As per our standard policy, children under the age of 5 are not permitted into the theater.
Face Masks Required
All ticket holders are required to wear face masks fitting securely over their mouth and nose while inside The Otto M. Budig Theater except when consuming food or beverage. Prolonged periods of mask removal are not permitted, and even if eating or drinking, masks must be worn between sips and bites.
More details on the arrival and check-in process will be shared before your next visit to Cincinnati Shakespeare Company.
Additional information about attending a performance at Cincinnati Shakespeare:
- Performances are being sold at full capacity.
- Social distancing is encouraged throughout the lobby, restroom, and public spaces.
- To reduce physical contact between patrons and staff, patrons are encouraged to bring print-at-home or digital tickets that will be emailed to them at the time of purchase (Will Call will still be an option if needed) and all programs will be shared virtually.
- Hand sanitizer stations and disinfecting wipes will be available throughout the theater.
- Concessions will still be available for purchase in the lobby. Masks may be removed to accommodate eating and drinking, but must be worn between sips or bites.
If you believe you have extenuating or unique circumstances and/or are not able or willing to comply with the above requirements, please contact the Box Office to discuss other options.
- Email the box office at email@example.com
- Call the box office at 513.381.2273. Current hours: Monday-Friday from Noon-5pm
We greatly appreciate everyone’s flexibility and understanding as we reopen the Mainstage theater safely!
Learn about the 2021-2022 Season