Job Title: Director of Individual Giving & Grants
The Director of Individual Giving & Grants is a critical member of the senior development staff, directing the annual fund, planned giving and grantwriting functions within the department. The Director of Individual Giving & Grants works independently and with executive staff and board-level volunteers in the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major and planned gifts for the institution. The Director of Individual Giving & Grants is a full-time exempt position with benefits. Evening and weekend hours are sometimes required.
Reports to: Development Director
Direct Reports: Individual Giving/Stewardship Manager; Grants & Proposal Writer/Development Editor
- Manages a major and planned gift portfolio, actively identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding individual donors and prospects.
- Develops a written cultivation plan for each donor in the portfolio, setting benchmarks for solicitation date and amount.
- Writes and appropriately files electronic donor and prospect contact reports within three days of donor contact.
- Provides support and direction to the annual fund program, including lead senior development management with telefunding firm.
- Works with the Development Director on the annual board campaign and manages the board’s ArtsWave special gifts campaign.
- Provides support and direction to the grant program, including identification and cultivation of new prospects and overseeing grant and proposal writing, reporting and grant fulfillment for all Playhouse grants and proposals (foundation, government, corporate and ArtsWave).
- Directs the planned giving program, including creating and implementing an annual plan and interface with Stelter to maximize website usage and communications vehicles.
- Supervises the Grants & Proposal Writer/Development Editor and the Individual Giving/Stewardship Manager, ensuring department goals are being achieved and facilitating strong inter-department communications.
- Serves as the lead staff liaison for the Individual Giving Committee and co-lead staff liaison (with Development Director) for the Planned/Board Giving Committee.
- Minimum three years experience in development management position.
- Experience in supervising and motivating staff to achieve high performance goals.
- Direct experience with annual fund campaigns and grantwriting.
- Proven track record in solicitation and securing major gifts.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in working with board members and other high level volunteers in the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors.
- Willingness and ability to learn donor software and utilize the system for moves management, report preparation and other data needs.
- A desire to work in a fast-paced environment and the ability to successfully manage several priorities on a regular basis.
- Desire to be an integral leader of a high functioning development team.
- A passion for theatre and/or the arts is highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree required. CFRE and/or master’s degree preferred.
- The employee is frequently required to stand and walk, and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
- This position is partially sedentary, and the employee is required to regularly talk and hear.
Submit your cover letter and resume with three references to:
M. Patricia Rosely
Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park
962 Mt. Adams Circle
Cincinnati, OH 45202
No phone calls, please. Deadline for applications: Aug. 1, 2016