Because of suspected exposure to COVID at our home venue, we must cancel our production of Ken Ludwig’s BASKERVILLE.
Tag Archives: Fairfield Footlighters
BASKERVILLE: A Sherlock Holmes Mystery
Fairfield Community Arts Center | Online
Directed by Kevin Noll
Produced by Melissa Noll
Cast: Kevin Noll as Sherlock Holmes, Kent Smith as Dr. Watson, Ray Lebowski as Actor 1, Keegan Burton as Actor 2 & Anna Rae Brown as Actress 1
Get your deerstalker cap on — the play’s afoot! From the award-winning mastermind of mayhem, Ken Ludwig (Lend Me a Tenor), comes a fast-paced comedy about everyone’s favorite detective solving his most notorious case. Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson must crack the mystery of “The Hound of the Baskervilles” before a family curse dooms its newest heir. Watch as our intrepid investigators try to escape a dizzying web of clues, silly accents, disguises and deceit as five actors deftly portray more than 40 characters. Does a wild hellhound prowl the moors of Devonshire? Can our heroes discover the truth in time? In person tickets limited to a maximum of 35 seats.
- Fri-Sat, Nov. 20-21 at 8pm
- Sun, Nov. 22 at 2pm
Fairfield Footlighters announces the auditions for LITTLE WOMEN written by Thomas Hischak and directed by Anna Schindler Brown. This is a timeless story of coming of age and the importance of honesty, hard work, and genuine love. Home and family come to light in Thomas Hischak’s stage adaptation of the beloved novel.
PERFORMANCES: February 19-20, 26-27 at 8PM and February 21 & 28 at 2PM. This production will include both in-person and live-stream options.
AUDITION DATES: Monday, December 7, from 6:30 – 9:00 PM and Tuesday, December 8, from 6:30 to 8:00 PM
(Children’s roles should choose one of the 15-minutes slots from 6:30 – 7:00 PM on Monday)
LOCATION: Fairfield Community Arts Center, 411 Wessel Dr., Fairfield 45014. Please go to the 2nd floor CLASSROOM.
GUIDELINES: Everyone entering the FCAC must wear a face mask. Auditionees must wear a mask during auditions. Everyone should stay in the hallway until called in and social distance as best they can.
AUDITIONEES MUST USE THIS SIGNUPGENIUS LINK | Sign up no later than December 1.
Auditions will be up to 8 per time slot. Adult slots are 30 minutes each. Children slots are 15 minutes each, from 6:30-7PM on Monday. All auditions will comprise cold readings from the script. Find more audition information on the SignUpGenius page.
Contact the director with questions via the SignUpGenius link. The rehearsals will begin on December 14.
CHARACTERS: (9 women, 4 men, 2 young girls)
- MRS TOMLINSON – A society lady – 50s to 70s. Will also play Aunt March.
- JOSEPHINE MARCH – Narrator. A famous author & adult “Jo” – 40s to early 50s.
- MR. MARCH – The girls’ father – 45 to 60.
- MRS. MARCH (MARMEE) – The girls’ mother – 40s to 50s.
- MEG – Eldest & most practical daughter. Longs to have nice things. Around 21.
- JO – A tomboy & strong willed. An aspiring author. Around 18.
- BETH – Shy & frail. Plays piano. Closest relationship to Jo. Around 16.
- AMY – Youngest daughter. Vain and immature. Longs to be an artist. Throughout the show, she becomes refined and proper. Around 15 but ages during the show.
- HANNAH – the housekeeper. Late 30s to 50s.
- AUNT MARCH – Mr. March’s aunt. Wealthy matriarch of the family. Late 50s to 70s.
- MR. LAURENCE – Wealthy grandfather to Laurie. 60s+.
- THEODORE LAURENCE (LAURIE) – High-spirited neighbor who befriends the sisters. Falls in love with Jo and later Amy.. About 18.
- JOHN BROOKE – Tutor to Laurie. Poor, but kind-hearted. Falls in love with Meg. Mid 20s to 30s.
- MRS MOFFET – Wealthy. Looks down on the March family. 30s to 40s. Will also play Mrs. Kirke.
- CLARA – Mrs. Moffet’s daughter. Around 16. Appears in one scene.
- MRS KIRKE – Runs the boarding house. 30s to 40s.
- KITTY & MINNIE – Mrs. Kirke’s daughters. Around 8-11. May also be in background scenes.
- FRIEDRICH BHAER – German professor (must use accent). Befriends Jo and encourages her writing. Proposes to Jo in the last scene. Late 30s to mid 40s.
Fairfield Footlighters is excited to announce the cast for the November show BASKERVILLE.
The cast includes:
- Holmes – Matt Lovell
- Watson – Kent Smith
- Actor 1 – Ray Lebowski
- Actor 2 – Keegan Burton
- Actress 1 – Anna Brown
Details soon to come regarding attending this show on Nov. 20-22 in person or virtually.
Fairfield Footlighters announce auditions for KEN LUDWIG’S BASKERVILLE: A SHERLOCK HOLMES MYSTERY
Get your deerstalker cap on — the play’s afoot! From the award-winning mastermind of mayhem, Ken Ludwig (Lend Me a Tenor), comes a fast-paced comedy about everyone’s favorite detective solving his most notorious case. Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson must crack the mystery of “The Hound of the Baskervilles” before a family curse dooms its newest heir. Watch as our intrepid investigators try to escape a dizzying web of clues, silly accents, disguises and deceit as five actors deftly portray over 40 characters. Does a wild hellhound prowl the moors of Devonshire? Can our heroes discover the truth in time? Join the fun and see how far from elementary the truth can be.
Four live performances scheduled for November 20-22, with the possibility of live-stream. Directed by Kevin Noll.
Choose an audition slot no later than Sept 25 through SignUpGenius.
- Auditions will be three (3) people per time slot. Each time slot is 30 minutes.
- Once you sign up for an audition slot, the director will email an audition form to complete.
- Contact the director with any questions via the SignUpGenius link.
Monday, September 28 in the FCAC Theatre from 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM. Audition by appointment only.
Tuesday, September 29 in the FCAC Theatre from 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM. Audition by appointment only.
Call-backs, if needed, will be Wednesday at 6:30 PM
AUDITIONS WILL FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES:
Everyone entering the FCAC Theater must wear a face mask. Those auditioning can remove their mask once onstage for their audition, but must wear when in proximity to other people. Those auditioning should stay outside the theater until they called in via text or voice. Everyone must social distance.
Welcome to AUDITION!
Auditions for 2 Male Leads | 2 Male Supporting | 3 Female Supporting
Auditions will consist of cold-readings from sides. Please be prepared to list all rehearsal conflicts.
- Sherlock Holmes: Highly intelligent, confident, charismatic, quick-witted, obsessive. Thinks highly of his close friend Watson. A sophisticated mind who savors adventure and an intriguing mystery, and has a manic gleam of mischief in his eyes. A mind that works overtime.
- Doctor Watson: Smart, grounded, full of heart and wonder, lives to have adventures and assist his close friend Holmes. We see the play through his eyes. He is the heart and soul of the play.
- 5 Actors (3 male, 2 female) to play multiple roles. Versatility and nimbleness, physically and vocally, are a plus. Multiple accents and character ages will vary.
- Multiple roles to include:
- Stapleton, a seemingly geeky butterfly lover who conceals a psychopath within
- Miss Stapleton, Stapleton’s initially secretive, scared “sister” who passionately falls in love with Sir Henry
- Barrymore, mournful caretaker of Baskerville Hall
- Mrs. Barrymore, severe, humorless Swedish caretaker of Baskerville Hall
- Milker, scrappy Dickensian urchin boy
- Dr. Mortimer, elegant, friendly, passionate
- Sir Hugo Baskerville, a brutal, cruel Cavalier
- Sir Henry Baskerville, young Texan relation to Baskervilles, open-hearted, earnest, ready for adventure and to fall in love
- Wilson, exuberant, hearty head of messenger office
- Lucy, loving wife of Wilson
- Inspector Lestrade, cocky police inspector
- Cartwright, another scrappy Dickensian urchin boy
- Mrs. Hudson, older, maternal housekeeper for Hol