Mon, Feb. 14 and Wed, Feb. 16 from 7-10pm
Troy Civic Park
(Adams Streeet across from Hobart Area)
Troy, OH 45373
At the height of the Great Depression, Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow went from two small-town nobodies in West Texas to America’s most renowned folk heroes and Texas law enforcement’s worst nightmares. Fearless, shameless and alluring, the Tony-nominated BONNIE & CLYDE, from the legendary Frank Wildhorn (Jekyll & Hyde, Civil War, Dracula) is the electrifying story of love, adventure and crime that captured the attention of an entire country.
Director Derek Dunavent is looking for 8 Men, 5 Women, 1 boy, 1 girl, and several ensemble members for this show.
Please bring at least 32 bars of a song (accompanist provided) and be prepared to do cold reads, learn a short dance, and sight read music if requested.
Rehearsals will be 3-4 days a week, shows are May 7-8, 13-15. We look forward to seeing you there!
Director Steve Dietrich is seeking 4 men and 4 women for the Jones, Hope, Wooten hit farce, FARCE OF HABIT.
Auditions are Monday December 13 and Wednesday December 15 at 7:00 pm at the Barn in the Park.
Auditions will consist of cold readings from the script. Please note there will NOT be auditions on Tuesday December 14th due to a theatre board meeting.
The absurdly funny show takes us to the Reel ’Em Inn, the finest little fishing lodge in the Ozarks. D. Gene, is looking forward to a peaceful weekend on the lake. But his wife is trying to kick caffeine, his son’s marriage to Jenna is falling apart, and his sister is caught up in a bizarre undercover police assignment. Add a gaggle of nuns who’ve converged on the Inn, a nationally known relationship guru whose colossal ego threatens everyone’s sanity staying the weekend, a shy man anxious to cut loose and embrace his “inner caveman” and a couple of wild women who may or may not be who they claim to be – throw in the storm of the century that’s fast bearing down on Mayhew, Arkansas – and D. Gene has no prayer of baiting a hook any time soon.
- Wanelle Wilburn – 40s to 60s – with her husband D. Gene, runs the Reel ‘Em Inn fishing lodge. Has decided to give up caffeine cold turkey with a lodge full of crazy characters for the weekend, and a serial killer on the loose.
- D. Gene Wilburn – 40s to 60s – runs the Reel ‘Em Inn fishing lodge- just wants a quiet weekend to relax. And a chance to keep away from his worse fear – nuns.
- Maxine Wilburn Sugs – 50s to 60s – D. Gene’s older sister. Local cop who is going undercover to infiltrate a biker gang.
- Jock McNair – age flexible – radio personality, escaping to the quiet lodge to finish up his upcoming book and hide from his estranged wife.
- Jenna Wilburn – 20s to early 30s – the Wilburn’s daughter in law, Jenna is trying to keep herself together while her marriage is seemingly falling apart
- Ty Wilburn – 20s to early 30s – D Gene and Wanelle’s son, recently married, and has a secret that keeps him out late at night and coming home happier than he has ever been. Will dress in outlandish costumes, including a can-can dress.
- Huddle Fisk – age flexible – an shy guy from Ohio who is anxious to cut loose.
- Sister Myrtle Agnes – age flexible – part of the group of nuns at the lodge during retreat, she vows to help everyone break any bad habits they might have.
- Barb Stratton – age flexible, Jock’s estranged wife, she comes looking for him to make sure she is getting everything she is due during the divorce.
This is a fast paced, high energy, physical show. Most actors will need to be able to run around the stage and possibly the theatre, and perform other physical comedy bits throughout the play. Maxine, D Gene, Wanelle, Jenna, and Ty will need an Arkansas accent.
Performances are March 4-6, 11-13, 2022. Shows are Fridays and Saturdays at 8 pm and Sundays at 2 pm. There is a cast and crew meet and greet with the audience at Moeller Brew Barn in Troy after the show March 6th.
Director Derek Dunavent is pleased to announce the cast of TCT’s MisCast!
The cast includes: Sam Jacobi, Gabriel Ison, Sydney Edington, Rachel Smith, Brian Laughlin, Krissy O’Malley, Charis Weible, Steve Dietrich, Polly Lawson, Madison Wells, and John Findley will be performing numbers from musicals such as “Flower Drum Song”, “Into the Woods”, “Elf: The Musical”, “RENT”, “Oliver!”, “Sweeny Todd”, “Pippin”, and many more!
Show dates are December 17th and 18th at 8pm.
Admission is free, though donations are greatly appreciated at the door.
Come help support your local community theatre and enjoy a night of wonderful music!
Facebook event |
Ever wanted to perform a song from a show but you aren’t exactly who they’re looking to cast? Well then, Troy Civic Theatre is proud to announce auditions for our first ever MISCAST!
This is your chance to perform a piece of musical theatre that you normally wouldn’t be cast for due to age, race, gender, or any other reason.
Director Derek Dunavent is asking you to come audition with up to three songs you wish to have the chance to perform. Please provide you own accompaniment (YouTube is a great source) and prepare a 30 second selection from each song for audition.
Acts will be picked based on response and availability. There will be six rehearsals before the performances on December 17th and 18th.
Solos, Duets, and Groups welcomed!
Nov. 22 & 23 from 7-10pm
Facebook event |
THE TIN WOMAN
Troy Civic Theatre
Troy City Park
Directed by Niccole SueAnn Wallace
Cast: Steve Dietrich as Hank, Carlos Baez, Jr as Jack, Rachel Smith as Joy, Angela Riley as Nurse, Beth Shrake as Alice, Michelle Roush as Darla & Racheal Tingley as Sammy
Sean Grennan’s comedic drama “The Tin Woman” is based on a true story, and uses humor and pathos to explore loss, family, and what it means to be given a new chance at life.
Instead of relishing life after her heart transplant, Joy enters a downward spiral, unsure whether or nor she truly deserves a second chance. Meanwhile, Alice and Hank mourn the loss of their son, Jack, whose heart was used to save Joy. Joy eventually tracks down Jack’s family to find closure – but are Alice, Hank, and their daughter Sammy ready to accept Jack’s death?
- Fri-Sat, Nov. 12-13 at 8pm
- Sun, Nov. 14 at 2pm
- Fri-Sat, Nov. 19-20 at 8pm
- Sun, Nov. 21 at 2pm
Official page | Facebook event |