Actress needed for CenterStage Players Inc’s upcoming production of MARVIN’S ROOM.
The role is for a women in her 40’s. If you are interested in being considered for this role please contact the director Julie Jordan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 513.235.5609.
Rehearsals start mid-late Sept, production dates November 15-17 and 22-24.
Costume Coordinator: Fall, Winter, and Spring Productions
The Campbell County Theater Department is looking for a Costume Coordinator for all three of our productions next year. If you enjoy working with high school students full of enthusiasm with varying levels of skills and experience, working in wonderful facilities, and are yearning to become part of a dedicated and hardworking team of educators, this may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
In this role, you’ll be working after school supervising students designing, building, overseeing rentals, and making alterations of the costumes for each of our productions. You will need to work closely with the production team to plan budgets, supervise student crews, and keep costumes in good repair and clean. During the week of the show, you will help supervise costume running crew, hair and make-up crews, and help provide backstage supervision. After each show, you will be responsible for returning rentals, removing alterations, and making sure costumes are clean before being returned or placed in our stock.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Planning and Materials Ordering
- Work with the director to cost out materials for costume construction and rentals
- Order materials needed
- Be involved in the production planning process.
- Check with local costume rental shops or stores
- Train students on how to operate costume shop materials safely
- Supervise students during the construction process 3 or 4 days a week after school.
- Ensure that costume shop is clean, organized, and equipment is maintained.
Technical and Dress Rehearsals
- Attend all dress and technical rehearsals, working with costume running crew and hair and make-up crew to ensure a safe and productive rehearsal.
- Help provide adult supervision backstage and in the green room.
- Attend all performances, helping provide adult supervision for the backstage areas and overseeing costume and hair and make-up crews.
- Attend strike, helping provide adult supervision of striking the costumes for the show. Clean costumes pieces, reverse alterations as needed, and return costumes to stock or the various rental houses.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW:
- How to design and create appropriate costumes for a variety of productions.
- How to create costumes.
- The various local costume resources.
- Hair and make-up techniques.
- How to use and instruct students on the safe use of the following tools:
- Sewing Machines
- Hand sewing techniques
- Theater running crew responsibilities and etiquette.
- How to teach young people about the craft and art of producing live theater.
- The ability to keep on schedule and prioritize tasks.
WHAT EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION YOU SHOULD HAVE BEFORE APPLYING:
- The candidate should have practical costuming experience as well as knowledge of generally accepted safety procedures. Excellent communication skills and a positive attitude are important as you’ll be working with students and theater faculty. Preference will be given to candidates with professional or collegiate experience.
- These are supplemental positions. Pay for each will be discussed during interviews.
Do you see yourself being the perfect fit for these positions? If yes, then please contact Claire LaNicca at email@example.com
This is a salaried, exempt employee with benefits.
Cincinnati Landmark Productions is the parent theatrical organization for the Covedale Center for the Performing Arts, the Warsaw Federal Incline Theater, Madcap Puppets and Madcap Education Center. This SET BUILDER/SCENIC ARTIST position will be primarily working at the Covedale and the Incline theaters.
Successful candidates will have a good knowledge of scenic construction and theatrical painting techniques. This staff person will interpret plans from the Scene Designer, manage deadlines and schedule tasks with the additional scenic production crew, build and paint and create the finished set for each theatrical production along with the scenic production crew. This staff person must be able to work independently, but also as part of a team.
- Able to utilize technical equipment.
- Able to utilize tools for set work.
- Able and willing to follow instructions with good time management and problem-solving skills.
- Carpentry skills to be utilized for building sets
- Theatrical painting skills including marbling, ragging, and wood graining and texturing – and should have a good understanding of art history, period styles, motifs and architecture.
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs.
- Ability to climb ladders and scaffolding.
- Work with Lighting/Sound designer to focus, hang and run cable when needed.
- Able to read, write and communicate effectively.
- Thinks creatively.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Candidate must be able to work in an unsupervised environment.
- Is a self-starter, dependable, and have excellent communications skills.
- Able to work early mornings and afternoons (based on our production schedule).
- Able to drive a box truck.
- Even tempered and have a good sense of humor and be willing to work in a unique, and fun environment!
If interested, please email Denny Reed, Tech Director at firstname.lastname@example.org (NO PHONE CALLS or WALK-INS PLEASE). When applying, please include a cover letter and resume.
Deadline to submit resume and cover letter is Friday, August 9, 2019.
Start Date – immediate.
Cincinnati Landmark Productions, the parent theatrical organization for The Covedale Center for the Performing Arts and the Warsaw Federal Incline Theater is seeking a Sound Board Operator. Start date is August 29, 2019.
Basic Job Description: The sound board operator will run the sound board for half of the Cincinnati Landmark Productions’ performances. There are 13 productions a year and some special events throughout the year which will be split with our current sound board op.
Responsibilities include and are not limited to the following:
- Run the sound console as directed by the Sound Designer.
- Attend all technical rehearsals, dress rehearsals and performances in two venues – The Covedale Center for the Performing Arts and the new Warsaw Federal Incline Theater.
- Run any and all special events as scheduled.
- Complete dimmer checks and sound check before the show and correct any problems, including, replacing batteries for wireless mic system, replacement of fixture lamps, touch up focus, check fluids in hazers, fog machines, etc…
- Experience in running a sound board is preferred. Both Theaters have Yamaha digital mixing console QL5.
- Basic knowledge of theatre sound and lighting is preferred.
- Clear understanding of all functions of sound board and how a system is put together.
- Must be at least 21 years of age, have high school diploma or equivalency, some college preferred.
- Have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Candidate would have previous theatrical, technical experience (Preferred).
- Must be able to work in an unsupervised environment.
- Must be a self-starter, dependable, and have excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Must be willing and able to work nights and weekends of all performances.
Covedale Center for the Performing Arts shows run for 4 weeks on Thursdays at 7:30pm, Fridays and Saturdays at 8pm and Sundays 2pm. Call is 1 and ½ hour prior to showtime. Tech/dress rehearsals are in the evenings starting on the Sunday before opening.
The Warsaw Federal Incline Theater shows run for 4 weeks on Wednesday and Thursdays at 7:30pm, Fridays and Saturdays at 8pm and Sundays 2pm. Call is 1 and ½ hour prior to showtime. Tech/dress rehearsals are in the evenings starting on the Sunday before opening.
If interested, please email Denny Reed, Technical Director at email@example.com
(NO PHONE CALLS or WALK-INS PLEASE). When applying, please include a cover letter and resume.
Deadline for submissions: Wed., August 14, 2019
We are looking for people who may be interested in joining our growing team of over 125 Standardized Patients (SP) at the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine Simulation Center.
You will be trained by a team of educators to present actual patient histories to our learners for their practice in history taking, physical exam and communication skills. Compensation is provided. SPs are independent contractors who participate on an as-needed basis.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact the Simulation Center at: https://med.uc.edu/simcenter or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 513.558.7726.