Cincinnati Landmark Productions is seeking costumers for three shows in the Covedale Marquee Season,2021-2022.
These are contracted positions hired for the following productions:
- ALL SHOOK UP (October 21 – November 14, 2021)
- ELF the Musical (December 2 – December 26, 2021)
- ON THE TOWN (March 17 – April 10, 2022)
Costumers may be contracted for multiple shows in this season.
Cincinnati Landmark Productions is looking for a creative Costumer to coordinate, create and manage clothing and costume props for several productions. Your work will play a great part in setting the tone of a story and enhancing the actor’s performance.
As costumer, you must be creative and well-versed in different garment types and styles. You should be able to sketch and see creating clothes as an art. Collaborating closely with a multi-disciplinary team to create the best visual effect.
- Study script to understand costume requirements in terms of setting, era and character attributes.
- Perform research on historical periods and different regions.
- Develop costume plots for characters.
- Create preliminary sketches of costumes and present them for approval
- Create, acquire, pull from stock or purchase costumes to fulfill show needs
- Ensure costumes stay within budget
- Supervise fittings and costume rehearsals
- Return, store, arrange for cleaning or dispose of used costumes as needed.
- Proven experience as costume designer/coordinator
- Knowledge of design, sewing, costume creation, resources and textiles
- Understanding of a range of styles and cultural/historical elements
- Aptitude in research
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Ability to work independently, yet as part of a production team.
- Creativity and attention to detail
- Well-organized and reliable
- Degree or commensurate experience in costume design or relevant field
If interested, please send resume and cover letter to Jennifer Perrino, Business Manager at email@example.com.
No phone calls.
Deadline to apply: August 30, 2021.