TCT’s mission is to educate, entertain and engage audiences of all ages through professional theatrical productions and arts education programming. We fulfill our mission through three primary programs:
- TCT MainStage at the Taft Theatre
- TCT On Tour
- TCT Academy
Vision: To awaken a lifelong love of theatre in children and the young at heart.
- We believe in the power of theatre to enrich lives and create deeper understandings of people, cultures, and perspectives.
- We believe that our audiences deserve high-quality experiences that are rich with wonder, honesty, compassion, joy, and wisdom.
- We believe that the arts and education are not mutually exclusive.
- We believe that the art we create must respect the diversity of our community.
- We believe in the power of integrated arts education to enrich our lives and our communities.
The Children’s Theatre of Cincinnati believes the stories on our stages and the work we do behind the scenes must reflect the diverse communities we serve. We believe inclusive work cultures spark wide-ranging, exploratory conversations and learning. Therefore, we strongly welcome and encourage people from all backgrounds, races, ethnicities, gender, gender identities, religions, abilities, and ages to apply as we continue our commitment to diversity and build an inclusive environment at TCT.
The Development /Corporate Partnerships Manager will assist the Development Team and the organization in fulfilling its mission of educating, entertaining and engaging audiences of all ages through professional theatrical productions and arts education programming. Success in this role will lead to expansion of corporate and foundation relationships, increased grant acceptance rates, excellence in the capture and maintenance of relationship and gift details, and advancement of professional guidelines and best practices for Development practice. This position reports directly to the Director of Development.
Advancement of relationships within corporations and foundations that result in increased fundraising success. The ongoing practice of timely and accurate updates in Spektrix sharing relationship management, progress, and plans.
- Participate in setting and monitoring fundraising goals
- Assist in preparation of fundraising/development calendar
- Develop/monitor Corporation & Foundation Giving fundraising plan/calendar
- Support development plan for annual gifts
- Identify/cultivate corporate, government, and private foundation involvement for support
- Directly responsible for writing all grant applications
- Track and deliver all benefits/recognition for grant awards
- Maintain calendar with due dates for all new and recurring grants and final reports
- Directly responsible for the completion of all grant final reports
Facility Rentals and Birthday Parties:
- Directly responsible for proactively booking facility rentals and achieving budgeted annual goal
- Research and meet with event planning companies as well as those responsible for booking events within corporations
- Call on Book of Lists companies to make them aware of rental opportunities for company events and client appreciation events
- Generate prospect list and reach out with prepared Facility Rental brochure
Corporate Sponsors/TCT Corporate Club:
- Work with Development Director to identify/cultivate corporations as potential sponsors
- Work with Development Director to prepare materials for solicitation
- Facilitate all benefits for corporate sponsors
- Take ownership of Corporate Partnership Committee working with Chair to schedule meetings, prepare agenda and take meeting notes
- Utilize Corporate Partnership Committee to identify prospects for Corporate Club Membership
- Solicit identified prospects target list using prepared Corporate Club brochure and identified HR contacts within corporations for employee recognition opportunities
- Work with Finance Director to identify areas of expense that could be reduced through in-kind donations (lumber, trucking, paint)
- Create a list of current vendors and others in the industry to approach for such donations (Home Depot vs Lowe’s)
- Manage all reporting requirements
- Draft annual application and materials and ongoing reporting requirements
- Represent TCT at appropriate ArtsWave events and meeting
- Acknowledge and maintain detailed records
- Assist in the solicitation of in-kind gifts for the events
- Facilitate all benefits given to sponsors/participants for their support
- Solicitation of sponsorships and table/tickets purchases
- Solicit items to be auctioned for online auction
- Solicit raffle/auction items associated with Holiday Tree Raffle, Monster Bash, and Glass Slipper Gala
Ideal and Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in nonprofit development or related field; or bachelor’s degree and equivalent training through practical business experience
- 3-5 years development experience preferred
- Proven success in writing grants and a high application success rate a must
- Demonstrated ability to identify new and manage current corporate and foundation relationships, discover and respond to grants opportunities in a timely fashion
- Project management experience with a successful track record
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and be a part of a team to further relationships and support efforts of colleagues and volunteers
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Experience with Database Management/CRM application software
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary Range: $40,000-60,000
- Health, vision, and dental benefits available, partially subsidized by employer contributions, after a waiting period
- 403(b) retirement plan participation available, after a waiting period, with eligibility for an employer match after one year of credited service
- Generous PTO accrual based on years of service
- Generous paid holiday schedule
- Flexible schedule opportunities
DEADLINE TUESDAY, JUNE 1, 2021 at 5 PM
Submit resume, cover letter and a grant writing sample to email@example.com with the subject line: DEVELOPMENT MANAGER