TCT’s mission is to educate, entertain and engage audiences of all ages through professional theatrical productions and arts education programming. We fulfill our mission through three primary programs:
- TCT MainStage at the Taft Theatre
- TCT On Tour
- TCT Academy
Vision: To awaken a lifelong love of theatre in children and the young at heart.
- We believe in the power of theatre to enrich lives and create deeper understandings of people, cultures, and perspectives.
- We believe that our audiences deserve high quality experiences that are rich with wonder, honesty, compassion, joy, and wisdom.
- We believe that the arts and education are not mutually exclusive.
- We believe that the art we create must respect the diversity of our community.
- We believe in the power of integrated arts education to enrich our lives and our communities.
The Children’s Theatre of Cincinnati believes the stories on our stages and the work we do behind the scenes must reflect the diverse communities we serve. We believe inclusive work cultures spark wide-ranging, exploratory conversations and learning. Therefore, we strongly welcome and encourage people from all backgrounds, identities, abilities and ages to apply as we continue our commitment to diversity and build an inclusive environment at TCT.
The TCT Academy Coordinator assists the organization in fulfilling its mission of educating, entertaining and engaging audiences of all ages through professional theatrical productions and arts education programming. The TCT Academy Coordinator is the “front door” to the TCT Academy, managing relationships with students and their guardians, while providing excellent customer service through administrative functions related to TCT Academy.
START DATE: JULY 2021
TCT Academy Department:
The TCT Academy Department consists of the following programs:
- TCT Academy’s Class Sessions
- Private Lessons, Summer Camps
- The STAR Program
Reports and Reporting:
The TCT Academy Coordinator reports directly to the TCT Academy Director.
Overview of Responsibilities:
The TCT Academy Coordinator duties include but are not limited to:
- Navigating TCT’s systems, software, and scheduling platform: ASAP (Administrative Software Applications)
- Monitoring accounts, registration, and phone/email communication with students and their guardians
- Managing capacity of classes, camps, and Academy events
- Reviewing scholarship applications and dispensing awards
- Managing classroom assignments and classroom rosters
- Supervising front desk during class times.
- Speaking to prospective students and their guardians about TCT Academy curricula as curated by the education staff.
- Working with the Education Team and Marketing Department to proof class description copy for TCT Academy fliers and other marketing materials
- Working with other TCT staff to launch hosted events under TCT Academy.
- Cultivating and measuring student retention with the TCT Academy Director.
- Representing TCT at industry events.
- Performing other duties as assigned to support TCT’s mission.
Ideal and Minimum Qualifications:
- A magnetic and warm personality with excellent communication and problem-solving skills, both written and oral
- Broad understanding of theatre education including the ability to eloquently speak to the importance and benefits of an arts education
- Familiarity with managing customer accounts, invoices, and schedules
- Collaborate with a mission-oriented and dedicated staff
- Working knowledge of PC and Mac-based productivity software and familiarity with industry standard theatrical software
- Able to maintain a flexible work schedule, which may include irregular and extended working hours during certain times of the season.
Salary and Benefits:
- Wage Range: $12-14/hr.
- Health, vision and dental benefits available, partially subsidized by employer contributions, after a waiting period
- 403(b) retirement plan participation available with eligibility for an employer match after one year of credited service
- Generous PTO based on years of service
- Generous paid holiday schedule
Qualified candidates should submit whatever they feel best reflects their qualifications. This can come in the form of cover letter/resume, portfolios, video links, demo reels. (Files should be less than 3MB in total). No phone calls please.
DEADLINE: MAY 18, 2021 – 5PM
Please submit your materials along with references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: SUBMISSION ACADEMY COORDINATOR