June 8-9 & 15-16
Aronoff Center – Fifth Third Bank Theater
Cincinnati Music Theatre Announces Casting
for Cabaret Event in June at the Aronoff Center
(Cincinnati, OH) – Cincinnati Music Theatre (CMT) is pleased to announce the casting of NOTHING LIKE A DAME: A Cabaret of Broadway’s Leading Ladies at the Aronoff Center’s intimate Fifth-Third Bank Theater on June 8-9 and 15-16 (see detailed schedule below). CMT has attracted some of the area’s top local talent and theatre veterans – many of whom have performed in past CMT productions – for its second cabaret production through a new partnership with the Cincinnati Arts Association.
NOTHING LIKE A DAME – Cast List
- Debbi Berlon (Lola in Damn Yankees, Cincinnati Music Theatre)
- Pamela Kay Day (Kathy Selden in Singin’ in the Rain, Cincinnati Landmark Productions; Rose in Gypsy, CMT)
- Sarah D Flerlage (Theatre IV Children’s Touring Theatre; Mrs. Brill in Mary Poppins and Mum in Billy Elliott, CMT)
- Heather Hale (B.M. Music Performance, Northern Kentucky University; Regina in Rock of Ages, The Carnegie)
- Ellie O’Hara (Winner, 2018 Overture Award in Theater; studies at Musical Arts Center and Moss Dance Academy)
- Jessica Kaiser (BFA, Northern Kentucky University; National Tour of Sesame Street Live!)
- Mary Puetz (Mrs. Higgins in My Fair Lady, Cincinnati Landmark Productions)
- Katelyn Reid (Graduate, University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music ; Meg Brockie in Brigadoon, Cincinnati Landmark Productions)
- Wayne Wright (Ensemble member, LOVE IS LOVE: A Cabaret of Broadway Songs About Love; vocalist, Cincinnati Ballet’s Footage; voice of The Big Red Smokey, Cincinnati Reds)
The sparkling new cabaret will celebrate Broadway’s legendary leading ladies – from Mary Martin and Ethel Merman to Idina Menzel and Kristen Chenoweth. Sitting at tables with a drink in hand and lite bites from We Olive, audiences will hear the most memorable musical moments from the Golden Age of Broadway, right up to today’s contemporary hit shows, including Anything Goes, The Sound of Music, Gypsy, Evita, Into the Woods, and Wicked. A charming master of ceremonies will share interesting facts and amusing anecdotes about these beloved Broadway dames, whose personalities and talents created stage legends and transcended marquees. It’s the perfect show for a night out with friends!
Tickets are only $25 and include a lite bite from We Olive and one beverage (ticket price includes all fees). Tickets are available now at CincinnatiArts.org, Cincinnatimusictheatre.org, (513) 621-ARTS , and the Aronoff Center Ticket Office.
NOTHING LIKE A DAME PERFORMANCE SCHEDULE
- Friday, June 8, 2018 at 8:00 PM
- Saturday, June 9, 2018 at 5:00 PM & 8:00 PM
- Friday, June 15, 2018 at 8:00 PM
- Saturday, June 16, 2018 at 5:00 PM & 8:00 PM
Cincinnati Music Theatre
One of Cincinnati’s oldest and most successful community theaters, CMT is proud of its long history of presenting popular, large scale, award-winning musicals to enthusiastic audiences from across the Greater Cincinnati area. For more information, visit www.cincinnatimusictheatre.org, LIKE us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/cincinnatimusictheatre, and follow us on Twitter @CinMusicTheatre.
We Olive & Wine Bar (lite-bite partner)
A retailer and tasting room featuring California extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and artisan wines, We Olive serves a fresh and delicious menu of plates perfect for wine pairing. www.weolive.com/cincinnati/
Cincinnati Arts Association
Founded in 1992, the Cincinnati Arts Association (CAA) is a not-for-profit organization that oversees the programming and management of two of the Tri-state’s finest performing arts venues – the Aronoff Center for the Arts and Music Hall – and is dedicated to supporting performing and visual arts. www.CincinnatiArts.org.
# # #