Do you have photos from your involvement with CMT? We’re compiling digital content and are interested in any and all photos you may have from rehearsals, orchestra rehearsal and pit, back stage, the scene shop, or any CMT functions!
If you have photos to share, please email the digital files to the CMT Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than 2/1/2021. By submitting photos you are giving CMT permission to use the photos for any CMT business, marketing, or other purposes.
If you have any questions, feel free to email email@example.com. We can’t wait to see all of your memories.
Cincinnati Music Theatre and Revolution Dance Theatre are seeking additional video auditions for their upcoming virtual evening of song and dance, BETTER TOGETHER.
Originally scheduled for in-person performances this past November, the project has now been re-imagined to reach a broader audience, while observing current covid safety guidelines.
The production will be streamed online March 19, 20, and 21.
Director: David Choate
Producer: Jacqlyn Schott
Music Director: Jon Scheiding
- Please prepare 30-60 seconds of a musical theatre number that best showcases your vocal range.
- Submit video files or YouTube links to director David Choate at firstname.lastname@example.org, along with your headshot, resume, and a list of your general availability between now and March 11.
- Please submit materials no later than Monday, January 25 at 11:59pm. If callbacks are needed, notification will be made no later than 1/26, and callback materials should be returned within 48 hours.
Rehearsals and performances will be conducted using a hybrid remote/in-person model, with strict covid safety measures in place. For questions, please contact Producer Jacqlyn Schott at email@example.com.
Cal for Submissions
Are you ready to get back on stage, doing what you love? Cincinnati Music Theatre and Revolution Dance Theatre are excited to announce their upcoming one-night-only concert event, BETTER TOGETHER: A Night to Unite Through the Arts, which will be performed in-person on November 21 and will also be streamed live for remote viewers. The safety of our cast, crew, and patrons is of utmost importance, so we will be adhering to all CDC and Ohio COVID safety guidelines.
We are currently accepting submissions of music, dance, spoken word, and visual art that tell the story of bringing people from diverse backgrounds together to make art that can speak to us all. BIPOC and/or LGBTQIA+ artists are especially encouraged to apply!
Please send your submission and a recent photo of yourself to director David Choate at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00pm on Monday, October 5th, along with your availability for October 9 – November 21.
All performers must feel comfortable with zoom rehearsals, working independently on their piece(s), complying with temperature and symptom checks, as well as wearing masks as part of rehearsal and performance protocols.
- EXCELLENCE IN CHOREOGRAPHY – Mike Fielder
- EXCELLENCE IN COSTUME DESIGN – Elaine K. Michael
- EXCELLENCE IN DANCE EXECUTION – Mike Fielder and Cast
- EXCELLENCE IN DIALECT COACHING – Taylor Winkleski
- EXCELLENCE IN DIRECTION – Skip Fenker
- EXCELLENCE IN ENSEMBLE – Kit Kat Boys: Michael English, Kyle Fisher, Garrett Klaas, Isaac Owens
- EXCELLENCE IN ENSEMBLE – Skip Fenker and the Cast
- EXCELLENCE IN LIGHT DESIGN – Eric Bardes
- EXCELLENCE IN MUSICAL DIRECTION – Michael Spresser
- EXCELLENCE IN MUSICAL THEATRE PERFORMANCE – Elanor Morris
- EXCELLENCE IN MUSICAL THEATRE PERFORMANCE – John Simpson
- EXCELLENCE IN MUSICAL THEATRE PERFORMANCE – Kendra Struthers
- EXCELLENCE IN MUSICAL THEATRE PERFORMANCE – Stephen D. Welch
- EXCELLENCE IN ORCHESTRAL PERFORMANCE – Michael Spresser and Orchestra
- EXCELLENCE IN PHOTOGRAPHY – Mike Fielder
- EXCELLENCE IN PROGRAM – Kendra Struthers
- EXCELLENCE IN PROGRAM ART – Kendra Struthers, Geri Shields, Mike Fielder
Dear Cincinnati Music Theatre Members and Donors,
Due to uncertainty related to the ever-evolving COVID-19 pandemic, we are sorry to inform you that our shows planned for the fall of this year, including Beloved Melodies in the Fifth Third Bank Theater in September and Bandstand in the Jarson-Kaplan Theater in November, have been cancelled. The shows we have planned for Spring 2021 will be re-evaluated on a show-by-show basis as time passes and we monitor the continued effects of the virus.
We are grateful to each and every one of you for your ongoing support of CMT. We will keep you posted as more information becomes available, but for now we request your patience as we wait. We have high hopes of presenting a full season in 2021-22.
The Arts connect us all and this is #OnlyIntermission. We need these connections now more than ever. Please stay safe and connected to each other during this trying time.
Cincinnati Music Theatre Board of Trustees
Peter B. Merten, President