Cincinnati Music Theatre is bringing you a historic five productions in 2019-2020 that will have you tapping your toes and singing in your seats! (But, we’ll keep you waiting just a little while longer to reveal our fall main stage production!)
Directed by Skip Fenker
SINGIN’ IN THE RAIN
Directed by Dennis Murphy
May 8-16, 2020
SIDE BY SIDE BY SONDHEIM
Directed by Adam Drake
SINGABLES & SWINGABLES: An Evening of Jazz
Directed by Marypat Carletti
I DO! I DO!
Directed by Tom Peters
June 5-13, 2020
Cincinnati Music Theatre proudly announces the cast for its second Studio Series production of the year, HOME.
The cast includes: Brian Anderson, Tim Belton, Ryan Bowron, Marypat Carletti, Ria Villaver Collins, Kat Glaser, Julia Hasl Miller and Michael Shawn Starks.
Home is an original cabaret production conceived and co-written by CMT board member Mark D. Motz and director Michele Mascari. Kathy Beiting and Mp Carletti will produce; Ron Attreau serves as musical director.
Home runs June 7, 8, 14 and 15 in the Fifth Third Bank Theater at the Aronoff Center. Tickets are $25 and available at: https://www.cincinnatiarts.org/events/detail/cmt-home
Sun-Mon, March 3-4 from 7-10pm
Clifton United Methodist Church
3416 Clifton Ave
Cincinnati, OH 45220
Conceived and written by Mark D. Motz
Directed by Michele Mascari
Audition requirements – A verse and a chorus of a song that reminds you of home, defines home, suggests home, wishes home were different, etc. Open to ballads and up tempo numbers from musical theater, film, pop music, old standards or anywhere else. Please do not sing “Home” from The Wiz. We’d like your song to show your vocal range, as well as showing and sharing the context, emotionality and character of your song. We appreciate physical control, nuance and authenticity to complement your vocal presentation. Piano accompaniment provided; no a capella or prerecorded music, please.
Performances run June 7-15.
Reserve your audition slot on SignUpGenius.
MUSICAL OF MUSICALS THE MUSICAL
Cincinnati Music Theatre
Aronoff Center Fifth-Third Bank Theatre [Downtown]
Directed by Dennis Murphy
Music directed by Linda Abbot
Choreographed by JV Katz
Produced by Kathy Beiting & Marypat Carletti
Cast: Catherine Shultz as Abby, Elizabeth Beiting-Lipps as June, Luka Ashley Carter as Willy, Jeff Richardson as Jidder, Erica Beimesche as Chorus, Marypat Carletti as Chorus, Elizabeth Leigh Taylor as Chorus, Mary Ann Smith as Host & Rob Bucher as Landlord
A musical about musicals! In this hilarious satire of musical theatre, one story becomes five delightful musicals, each written in the distinctive style of a different master of the form, from Rodgers & Hammerstein to Stephen Sondheim. The basic plot: June is an ingénue who can’t pay the rent and is threatened by her evil landlord. Will the handsome leading man come to the rescue? The variations are: a Rodgers & Hammerstein version, set in Kansas in August, complete with a dream ballet; a Sondheim version, featuring the landlord as a tortured artistic genius who slashes the throats of his tenants in revenge for not appreciating his work; a Jerry Herman version, as a splashy star vehicle; an Andrew Lloyd Webber version, a rock musical with themes borrowed from Puccini; and a Kander & Ebb version, set in a speakeasy in Chicago.
- Fri, Feb. 8 at 8pm [SOLD OUT]
- Sat, Feb. 9 at 5pm & 8pm [SOLD OUT]
- Fri, Feb. 15 at 8pm [SOLD OUT]
- Sat, Feb. 16 at 5pm & 8pm [SOLD OUT]
Cincinnati Music Theatre announces the cast of THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME running May 10-18, 2019.
The cast includes:
- Wayne Wright as Claude Frollo
- Ethan Baker as Quasimodo,
- Austin Tenbarge as Captain Phoebus
- Luka Ashley Carter as Clopin Trouillefou
- Victoria Garcia as Esmeralda
- Andrew Weidner as Jehan Frollo
- Jacqlyn Schott as Florika
- Jay Louden as Lt. Frederic Charlus
- Bill Shuler as Father Dupin
- Mark Culp as Tribunal
- Mary Puetz as Madam
- Brett Price as St. Aphrodisius
- Ensemble: Michael Bishop, Karl Bolinger, Rob Bucher, Mark Culp, Lukas Hummeldorf, Jay Louden, Isaac Owens, Brett Price, Joseph Robinson, Bill Shuler, Andrew Weidner, Sarah Andrews, Angie Baker, Brandis DeWilligen, Laurel Ellis, Allison Kalfas, Mary Mills, Lindsey Mullen, Mary Puetz, Jacqlyn Schott, Molly Sexton, Samantha Toberman, Mary Vosseberg
- With special participation of The Northern Kentucky University Chamber Choir, Katie Barton, Director of Choral Studies
THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME is directed by Skip Fenker with music direction by Kendra Struthers and choreography by Mike Fielder. Produced by Kathy Beiting.
For more information visit www.cincinnatimusictheatre.org.