CMT announces auditions for our 2022-2023 MAINSTAGE Season Opener,
- July 31, 2022 – Auditions from 7pm – 10pm
- August 1, 2022 – Auditions from 7pm – 10pm
- August 3, 2022 – Callbacks for those asked, time to be determined.
Clifton United Methodist Church
3416 Clifton Ave.
Cincinnati, Ohio 45220
LINK TO SIGN UP: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0e48aba62aa3f4c43-auditions
With a score by Leonard Bernstein, Wonderful Town tells the story of two sisters, Ruth and Eileen, who move from a rural town in Ohio to experience the bright lights, the big city, and the crazy characters of Greenwich Village, New York City. Ruth is an aspiring writer and Eileen is a dancer who wants to pursue a life on stage. One sister can’t find a man no matter what she does, the other can’t keep them away. Together, these two sisters take on the world.
WHAT TO PREPARE
- Audtionees should prepare a portion of a Broadway or jazz song (standards preferred) – no longer than 1 minute- showing acting, comedic chops, and/or vocal range. Should also be prepared to tell a short joke (this show is a comedy after all). Be prepared to move in a short dance combo and read from the script.
- Eileen – Ruth’s sister, a recent arrival from Ohio (LYRIC SOPRANO)
- Ruth – Eileen’s sister, a recent arrival from Ohio (ALTO)
- Robert (Bob) Baker – editor at the Manhatter (BARITONE)
- Wreck – former college football player (BARITONE)
- Chick Clark – newspaperman (BARITONE) (doubles in Ensemble)
- Frank Lippencott – manager of the local drug store (BARITONE) (doubles in Ensemble)
- Officer Lonigan (John) – neighborhood cop (TENOR)
- Tour Guide – shows tourists around Greenwich Village; can be male or female (doubles in Ensemble)
- Appopolous – modern painter; Ruth’s and Eileen’s landlord (non-singing role)
- Helen – Wreck’s girlfriend
- Mrs. Wade – Helen’s mother (non-singing role)
- First Associate Editor – fellow employee at the Manhatter (doubles in Ensemble)
- Second Associate Editor – fellow employee at the Manhatter (doubles in Ensemble)
- Violet – “working gal” of the village (doubles in Ensemble)
- Speedy Valenti – proprietor of the Village Vortex, lost in his own world of jazz (non-singing)
- Tourist, Greenwich villagers, New York crowd, Brazilian cadets, cops, “Hepcats” (9 numbers and bit parts)
WONDERFUL TOWN runs in the Jarson Kaplan Theater at the Aronoff Center for the Arts in November. Tech week starts on October 29, 2022 with set load out of the warehouse! The production runs November 4, 5, 6, and November 9, 10, 11, and 12th!
- Directed by Mike Fielder
- Produced by Mary Pat Carletti, Peter Merten, Rob Workley
- Music Directed by Charlie Wilhelm
- Vocal Directed by Linda Abbott
PRISCILLA Queen of the Desert
- EXCELLENCE IN CHOREOGRAPHY – Mike Fielder & Anna Hazard
- EXCELLENCE IN COSTUME DESIGN – Elaine K. Michael and Catherine Ross
- EXCELLENCE IN DANCE EXECUTION – The Cast
- EXCELLENCE IN DIRECTION – Skip Fenker
- EXCELLENCE IN ENSEMBLE – Skip Fenker & the Cast
- EXCELLENCE IN ENSEMBLE – The Divas – Sarah Andrews, Mary Vosseberg, & Talia Zoll
- EXCELLENCE IN HAIR/WIGS – Karen Hendershot and crew
- EXCELLENCE IN MAKEUP – Karen Hendershot and crew
- EXCELLENCE IN MUSICAL DIRECTION – Kendra Struthers
- EXCELLENCE IN MUSICAL THEATRE PERFORMANCE – Brian Anderson
- EXCELLENCE IN MUSICAL THEATRE PERFORMANCE – John Michael Durnil
- EXCELLENCE IN MUSICAL THEATRE PERFORMANCE – Stephen D. Welch
- EXCELLENCE IN MUSICAL THEATRE PERFORMANCE – Wayne Wright
- EXCELLENCE IN ORCHESTRAL PERFORMANCE – The Priscilla Orchestra
- EXCELLENCE IN OTHER – Dressers
- EXCELLENCE IN OVERALL PERFORMANCE QUALITY – Skip Fenker & the Cast
- EXCELLENCE IN PRODUCING – Kathy Beiting
- EXCELLENCE IN STAGE MANAGEMENT – Julie Beelman, Peter Merten, and Aubrey Wilson
- EXCELLENCE IN CHOREOGRAPHY – Emily Brinkman & David Choate
- EXCELLENCE IN COSTUME DESIGN – Kristie Marasch and Jan Fisher
- EXCELLENCE IN DIRECTION – Chad Brinkman
- EXCELLENCE IN ENSEMBLE – Chad Brinkman and The Cast
- EXCELLENCE IN HAIR/WIGS – Bonnie Emmer, Katie Reindl and Madelaine Wilkerson
- EXCELLENCE IN LIGHT DESIGN – Chad Brinkman
- EXCELLENCE IN MUSICAL DIRECTION – Joshua Goines
- EXCELLENCE IN MUSICAL THEATRE PERFORMANCE – Amanda Marasch
- EXCELLENCE IN MUSICAL THEATRE PERFORMANCE – Aubrey E. Wilson
- EXCELLENCE IN MUSICAL THEATRE PERFORMANCE – Brett Gregory Parr
- EXCELLENCE IN MUSICAL THEATRE PERFORMANCE – Charles McClinon
- EXCELLENCE IN MUSICAL THEATRE PERFORMANCE – Jamie Sivrais
- EXCELLENCE IN MUSICAL THEATRE PERFORMANCE – Kate Mock Elliott
- EXCELLENCE IN MUSICAL THEATRE PERFORMANCE – Nathan Henegar
- EXCELLENCE IN MUSICAL THEATRE PERFORMANCE – Paul Hahn
- EXCELLENCE IN MUSICAL THEATRE PERFORMANCE – Roger Dumas, Jr.
- EXCELLENCE IN MUSICAL THEATRE PERFORMANCE – Sharisse Vernelle Santos
- EXCELLENCE IN ORCHESTRAL PERFORMANCE – The Ragtime Orchestra
- EXCELLENCE IN OVERALL PERFORMANCE QUALITY – Chad Brinkman and The Cast
- EXCELLENCE IN PRODUCING – Eric Bardes, Jacqlyn Schott, Madelaine Wilkerson and Aubrey E. Wilson
- EXCELLENCE IN PROGRAM – Kendra Struthers
- EXCELLENCE IN SET DESIGN – Chad Brinkman
- EXCELLENCE IN STAGE MANAGEMENT – Julie Beelman assisted by Peter Merten
Our thrilling upcoming 2022-2023 season!
November 4-6 & 9-12, 2022
Directed by Mike Fielder
May 12-14 & 17-20, 2023
Directed by Aubrey E. Wilson
Studio Series Productions
BETWEEN THE LINES/OUTSIDE THE MARGINS
September 2-3 & 9-10, 2022
Directed by Jacqlyn Schott
MUSIC AT THE MOVIES
February 3-4 & 10-11, 2023
Directed by Brian Anderson
A MUSICAL OF ONE’S OWN
June 9-10 & 16-17, 2023
Directed by Joe Stollenwerk
Cincinnati Music Theatre
Aronoff Center Fifth-Third Bank Theatre [Downtown]
Directed by Amanda Marasch
Music direction by Jim Swartwout
Vocal direction by Chelsea Harris
Produced by Amanda Emmons Shumate & Aubrey Wilson
Cast: Zac Huffman as Marvin, Robb Russ as Whizzer, Ryan Deshyla Jordan as Trina, Jon Scheiding as Mendel, Leland Parker McGuire as Jason, Madelaine Wilkerson as Dr. Charlotte, Faith Gingrich-Goetz as Cordelia & Clare Hingsbergen as Caroline
A seamless pairing of March of the Falsettos and Falsettoland, two acclaimed Off-Broadway musicals written nearly a decade apart, revolves around the life of a charming, intelligent, neurotic gay man name Marvin, his wife, his lover, his about-to-be-Bar-Mitzvahed son, their psychiatrist, and the lesbians next door. It’s a hilarious and achingly poignant look at the infinite possibilities that make up a modern family… and a beautiful reminder that in this game we call life, love can tell a million stories.
- Fri-Sat, June 10-11 at 7:30pm
- Sun, June 12 at 4pm
- Thu-Sat June 16-18 at 7:30pm
Official page | Facebook event |
The purpose of the Cincinnati Music Theatre Scholarship Program is to encourage and promote the study of theater arts at the collegiate level, particularly musical theater, in both performance and production. Importantly, the CMT Scholarship Program is intended to give back to the Greater Cincinnati area through the support of academic study in recognition of the years of dedicated public interest and support of CMT productions.
CMT, through its scholarship program, will recognize outstanding Cincinnati-area high school seniors who have excelled in various aspects of theater production and/or performance during their high school career and will pursue a college degree in theater arts or theater-related music performance, production or education.
Any high school senior with at least a 3.0 GPA (4.0 scale) in the Greater Cincinnati area intending to enter college in the following year to study theatre/musical arts is eligible to apply.
Applications must be received by either postal mail or email by April 22, 2022 with no exceptions.
Visit https://cincinnatimusictheatre.org/ and scroll down for Scholarship Program Application Information.