Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) and is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion in all areas of its work, both on and offstage. Qualified individuals who bring diverse perspectives and life experiences to the workplace are especially encouraged to apply.
Position: Properties Assistant
Reports to: Props Manager
Position Start Date: Immediately
Salary Range: $18 per hour, hours flexible up to 30 hours per week.
Assist in the acquisition, installation and dismantling of props; assist with research as necessary; and perform such other work as assigned.
This is a part-time, seasonal position.
- Collaborating with Props Manager, IATSE Props Artisans, Directors, Designers, and other departments to provide properties for all CPIP productions and ancillary events as needed.
- Assist in the sourcing of props for rehearsals and productions
- Assist in the maintenance of an organized prop stock and digital inventory
- Assisting in load ins, load outs, and tech rehearsals as needed
- Maintain artistic standards of all Playhouse presented shows and events.
- Assist with shopping for props and prop making supplies
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Essential Skills and Attributes:
- Good time management and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time with a positive and proactive problem-solving attitude.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Realize deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of shop tools, props building techniques, period styles
- Embrace a safety orientated work environment.
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, CAD, 3Dprinting, and vinyl cutters a plus
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Good aesthetic sensibility with an eye for color, proportions, period and style
- Willingness to learn about new skills, materials, and techniques.
- 2 years of Props experience or a related field.
- Able to self-critique and correct their work while maintaining sensitivity to the overall artistic vision.
- Proficient with web-based searches for new materials and processes.
- Works well with others and independently.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Able to lift and carry 25
- Job requires long stretches of standing
- Able to climb and perform work on ladders, cat walks and personnel lifts
- Comfortable opening/closing shop/setting alarm
- Ability to work in dimly lit/uneven spaces (backstage during tech, trap room, etc.)
- Driver’s license and able to drive prop van and box truck.
All employees are required to receive the COVID19 vaccination unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved.
Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park continues to monitor the pandemic situation. Qualified candidates will be expected to comply with Playhouse’s health and safety plan – while at work and outside work – that continues to be updated per latest state and Federal guidelines.
The physical demands and safe working expectations described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position, it is not necessarily exhaustive of all responsibilities, duties, requirements, or expectations of this position. Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park reserves the right to revise or amend this description based on business needs or changes to the work environment.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and references Elizabeth Lyons, Properties Manager firstname.lastname@example.org and cc: Amy Stier, Human Resources email@example.com. Review of materials will be done on a rolling basis until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.