Calling young dancers and gymnasts!
Auditions Saturday, August 20 for kids’ roles in this year’s THE NUTCRACKER
CINCINNATI, OH. (August 9, 2022) – Tri-State youth dancers and gymnasts are invited to attend an audition Saturday, August 20, 2022 for Young Performer’s Cast in this year’s The Nutcracker. (Auditions start at 12pm; See the tables below for specific audition times based on height.) These fun roles are a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for Cincinnati children to perform alongside professional dancers in the amazing holiday production. This year’s whimsical production will feature a cast of dozens of children in the classic holiday story performed at historic Music Hall.
The open audition is open for female, male and non-binary identifying dancers aged 12 and older. Nutcracker fun fact: children are cast not just by age and skill level, but also by height – that determines what costumes they can wear. Those eventually chosen for the cast have a lot of fun and work ahead of them! These young performers will attend weekly rehearsals and perform in multiple mainstage performances from December 15 through 24, 2022 at Cincinnati Music Hall.
Those auditioning do not need any prepared material. Dancers may be excused early or asked to stay longer. Please check the rehearsal schedule at the audition. Casting is subject to current costume size.
Cincinnati Ballet Margaret and Michael Valentine Center for Dance
1801 Gilbert Avenue, Cincinnati
- Must be 8 years old at time of audition
- $25 Audition Fee
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination required
- Masking is required in rehearsals at this time.
- For female-identifying roles: Black leotard, pink/skin tone tights, ballet slippers, hair secured
- For male-identifying roles: White shirt, tights/dance pants, ballet slippers
- Young Performers must be fully vaccinated by 9/14/22
- Dancers do not need any prepared material for the audition. Dancers may be excused early or asked to stay longer. Your patience is appreciated.
- Please check the anticipated rehearsal schedule at the audition. If you cannot make the performances or the mandatory rehearsals, please do not audition.
Note: not every role will be called to every rehearsal.
- Casting is subject to current costume sizes. Those who auditioned will be notified of casting via email by August 26, 2022.
- Cast members may be required to periodically be tested for COVID-19.
- Please contact Wynn White for further details: email@example.com.
YOUNG DANCER AUDITIONS
HEIGHT | AUDITION TIME
3’10”-4’6” | 12:00-1:45 PM
4’7”-5’2” | 2:45-4:30 PM
5’3”-5’10” | 5:15-6:30 PM
HEIGHT | AUDITION TIME
4’2”-4’8” 1:45-2:30 PM
About Cincinnati Ballet
Since 1963, Cincinnati Ballet has been the cornerstone professional ballet company of the region, presenting a bold and adventurous array of classical, full-length ballets and contemporary works, regularly with live orchestral accompaniment. Under the artistic direction of Victoria Morgan, Cincinnati Ballet has become a creative force within the larger dance community, commissioning world premiere works and exploring unique collaborations. With a mission to enrich, expand, and excel in the art of dance through performance, a high-caliber academy, and impactful education and community engagement in local to global communities, Cincinnati Ballet reaches beyond the stage in programs that allow every person in the region to be part of the continued evolution of dance. To that end, Cincinnati Ballet presents exhilarating performances, provides extensive education and community engagement programs, and offers top-level professional ballet training at Cincinnati Ballet Otto M. Budig Academy.
Cincinnati Ballet 2021-2022 Season Sponsors:
Victoria Morgan’s 25th Anniversary Season presented by PNC
Rhonda & Larry A. Sheakley, Margaret and Michael Valentine, ArtsWave, Mercy Health, Louise Dieterle Nippert Musical Arts Fund, Ohio Arts Council, The Austin E. Knowlton Foundation