The Sunset Players and director Dan Hawkins are looking to fill several roles for their fall show, SOUTHERN FRIED NUPTIALS, a comedy by Osborne & Eppler.
Harlene Frye is going to marry her childhood sweetheart this weekend . . . assuming the typical Frye family hijinks don’t derail the wedding! Harlene and Attie’s future together is threatened when the bride-to-be’s awful ex-flame shows up with information she doesn’t want her fiancé finding out. And Harlene’s not the only Frye keeping secrets: Sammy Jo refuses to tell her family she’s moving even though all her bags are already packed. As if that isn’t enough, Dewey can’t figure out why people keep on asking him to give his sister away and busybody Ozella Meeks has somehow ended up as the wedding coordinator. Will the Fryes be able to get Harlene down the aisle in one piece? A bighearted comedy about family—Southern-style.
Arts Center At Dunham
1945 Dunham Way
Cincinnati, OH 45238.
Please bring a resume and conflicts from Aug 21 – Oct 29. Headshot is encouraged but not required. Cold readings will be done from the script.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a time.
Remaining Characters to Cast:
- ATTICUS “ATTIE” VAN LEER (30s) The Frye family lawyer and an all-around good guy. He’s marrying Harlene this weekend. Maybe.
- SAMMY JO FRYE-LeFETTE (30s) The middle child. She’s pretty sure she’s the perfect one.
- DEWEY FRYE JR (late teens to early 20s) Dorothy’s youngest child. Some folks would say he’s one step short of a square dance, but he’s just dancing to his own tune. He won the lottery and all he bought was a new phone.
- BEECHAM LeFETTE (30s) Sammy Jo’s husband.
- CARTER CANFIELD (30s) Harlene’s smooth talking ex-flame. He’s TV- Star-handsome and he knows it.
Oct 14,15, 21, 22, 23, 27, 28, and 29 at the Arts Center At Dunham.
Questions: Contact director Dan Hawkins at email@example.com.