Theatre Summer Camps Available Downtown Cincinnati and NEW! in Mason, OH.
Downtown Camps take place at Cincinnati Shakespeare Company (1195 Elm St. Cinci, OH 45202) and next door at the School for Creative and Performing Arts (108 W. Central Parkway Cinci, OH 45202). NEW! Mason Camps take place in partnership with the Royal Theatre Company (308 W Main St, Mason, OH 45040).
Pirate, Spy, Fairy, Monster, Comedian, Actor…
Be them ALL at Theatre Summer Camp! 6 Weeks Available. New YOU Every Week.
June 10- July 26, 2019.
JUNIORS (1ST-6TH GRADE) CAMP.
For students who have completed grades 1 through 6.
Whether you’ve never stepped on a stage before, or have already been bitten by the acting bug, our introductory camps are the perfect place to learn some new skills, make some new friends, and have a whole lot of fun! From Stage Combat to Clowning, from Maskwork to Make-up, CSC Theatre Camp offers something for everyone.
SENIORS (7TH-12TH GRADE) CAMP.
For students who have completed grades 7 through 12.
For years, CSC’s Summer Camp has provided high school students with a camp experience unlike any in the Tri-State.. Student actors work with members of CSC’s professional resident ensemble, staging scenes, learning the tricks of the trade, gaining confidence, and often finding a community of friends that lasts well beyond the summer.
Learn more at www.cincyshakes.com/summercamp
JAMES AND THE GIANT PEACH
St. Bartholomew Krumpe Activity Center [Springfield Township]
Directed & choreographed by Maddy Weinkam
Music directed by Danielle Reynolds
Produced by Francis Kolis
JAMES AND THE GIANT PEACH is now a musical for the whole family to enjoy! Featuring a wickedly tuneful score by the Tony Award-nominated team of Pasek and Paul (Dear Evan Hansen, Dogfight, and A Christmas Story: the Musical) and a curiously quirky book by Timothy Allen McDonald (Roald Dahl’s Willy Wonka, The Musical Adventures of Flat Stanley), critics rave: JAMES AND THE GIANT PEACH is a masterpeach!
- Thu-Fri, June 20-21 at 7:30pm
- Sat, June 22 at 2pm & 7:30pm
- Sun, June 23 at 2pm
Official page |
Royal Theatre Company
Mason High School Theatre
Directed by Dirk Doebereiner
Choreographed by Jay Goodlett
Production Managed by Karen Kilgore
When Ren and his mother move from Chicago to a small farming town, Ren is prepared for the inevitable adjustment period at his new high school. What he isn’t prepared for are the rigorous local edicts, including a ban on dancing instituted by the local preacher, determined to exercise the control over the town’s youth that he cannot command in his own home. When the reverend’s rebellious daughter sets her sights on Ren, her roughneck boyfriend tries to sabotage Ren’s reputation, with many of the locals eager to believe the worst about the new kid. The heartfelt story that emerges is of a father longing for the son he lost and of a young man aching for the father who walked out on him.
- Fri, June 7 at 7pm
- Sat, June 8 at 2pm & 7pm
- Sun, June 9 at 2pm
Official page |
Xenia Area Community Theatre & Actors Unlimited
Directed by Amy Busby Prestridge
Little Orphan Annie is determined to find her parents and escape the cruel and crooked Miss Hannigan. But when billionaire Oliver “Daddy” Warbucks and his secretary Grace Farrell invite Annie into their lives, the sun starts to come out on a very different tomorrow.
- Fri, June 14th at 6:30pm (Opening Night Gala)
- Sat, June 15 at 7:30pm
- Fri, June 21 at 7:30pm
- Sat, June 22 at 3pm & 7:30pm
- Sun, June 23 at 3pm
Official page |
Mason Community Players along with Director Paula Brinkman. Producer Tess Catlin, Stage Manager Jess Bunn and Crew Chief Stephanie Dalsfoist invite you to auditions for Dr. Evil and the Basket of Kittens. Come join the cast of this fun-filled show that will be an MCP “send-off” for the Halloween Season. Will those cute kittens be able to save us all from world domination?
Auditions will be held Saturday, June 8th, and Sunday, June 9th, at Theatre 42, 2752 S St Rt 42, Lebanon. OH 45036 (one driveway north of the Southwest Golf Ranch).
The cast does include children. There is a little “family” of kitten owners which might be a great opportunity for parents and child between the age of 4 and 10!
Audition times will be:
- 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM for those age 12 and under on Saturday, June 8
- 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM for teens and adults on Saturday, June 8
- 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM for all ages on Sunday, June 9
There is no need to schedule a time.
There will be cold readings from the script and some improv.
- Mary Shelly: (F 40-60) Acclaimed novelist, neighbor of Dr. Evil
- Dr. Frankenstein: (M 40+) Dr. Evil’s rival and neighbor of Dr. Evil
- Frank Jr. : (M or F, 4-10) Frankenstein’s monster
- Shirley: (F 30+) Dr. Evil’s hunchbacked assistant; speaks with a lisp and often repeats herself and others
- Inferna (F 35+ageless) Dr. Evil’s mother: a vampire
- Margo (F 19-25) Dr. Evil’s niece
- The Werehyena family: neighbors of Dr. Evil
- Papa Tuppa Were: (M 35+) Patriarch of the Werehyena family
- Mama Cher Were: (F 35+) Matriarch of the Werehyena family
- Unna Were: (M19-25) joke cracking Werehyena son
- Silva Were: (F 13-20) Unna’s cousin
- Annie Were: (F 13-20) Unna’s other cousin
- Dr. Evil: (M 35+) brilliant scientist with “quirks”
- Countess Gothma: (F 35+) member of the Council of Evil who has evil plans of her own
- Pierce (M 35+) Gothma’s butler
- Mummy: (F 50+ageless) Shirley’s mother, a belligerent mummy
- Lord Warhammer: (M age open) Council member from Scotland (ACCENT NEEDED!)
- Archduchess Arsenica: (F age open) high-society council member
- Prince Vladi: (M 19-30) handsome and charming council member
- Child: (M or F, 4-10) worried owner of kittens
- Mother / Father: (age open) concerned parent of kitten owner
- Friday, September 27th at 7:30 PM
- Saturday, September 28th at 2:00 PM
- Sunday, September 29th at 2:00 PM
- Friday, October 4th at 7:30 PM
- Saturday, October 5th at 2:00 PM and 7:30 PM