The ROYAL Theatre Company is excited to announce that we will hold auditions on August 15th & August 16th for OLIVER!
About the Musical:
The streets of Victorian England come to life in Oliver, the timeless, award-winning musical based on Charles Dicken’s Oliver Twist. Oliver begins his struggle-filled life as a malnourished workhouse orphan who becomes the neglected apprentice of a slimy undertaker and his selfish, controlling wife. Eventually he escapes to London and finds acceptance amongst a gang of petty thieves and pickpockets led by the elderly Fagin.
When Oliver is arrested for a theft that he did not commit, the victim, Mr. Brownlow, shows mercy – which Oliver has never seen, and takes him in. Unfortunately, Fagin fears for the safety of his criminal hideout and employs the sinister Bill Sikes and the sympathetic Nancy to kidnap Oliver and bring him back. The smothering life of crime once again threatens Oliver’s chances of ever fully escaping the harsh streets and discovering the true love of a family.
Audition Dates/Times: Select one time slot on Monday, August 15 OR Tuesday, August 16 between 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Audition Sign up: Click here to sign up
Audition Location: Mason Municipal Center, 6000 Mason-Montgomery Road, Mason, OH 45040
- You must be at least 6 years old to audition.
- You must complete the online audition form and submit your headshot (does not need to be a professional photo) with your online audition form. No walk-ins will be accepted.
- You will be asked to perform one song of your choice from this list of audition song options.
- You will perform a monologue of your own choosing that can be up to 45 seconds. Please use a published monologue, and do not perform more than one character. Actors are welcome to perform their monologue using a British/Cockney accent if they chose, but it is not required.
- All performers must be available for callbacks on August 17 and 18.
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to your audition time slot and come directly to the registration desk.
- Please note that although audition time slots are listed in 20-minute increments, performers will be called in to audition one-at-a-time during your chosen time window. Therefore, we recommend that you bring a quiet activity for while you wait.
- You are able to leave immediately after your audition is complete.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Do NOT come to your in-person audition if you feel sick. Please call Karen Kilgore at 513.295.4541 if that should happen.
If you have a conflict with the audition schedule, you may submit a video audition. You will need to complete the online registration form (including a headshot) by following this link to audition sign-ups (select “Video Audition – Will Submit Video”) and send your video to production@ROYALTheatreCompany.com by 5:00 PM on Tuesday, August 16 at the latest. Videos received after this deadline will NOT be considered.
Performance dates: Nov. 11-13.
Click here for the complete audition notice.