Cincinnati Landmark Productions to hold auditions for one Covedale Marquee season show:
A CHRISTMAS CAROL
Please note: These audition dates for the younger roles only, 8 to 15 years old.
- Sat Aug 20 from 1pm to 3:30 pm
- Sun Aug 21 from 1pm to 3:30pm
Callbacks Aug. 22 from 6pm to 8pm
The Madcap Education Center
3064 Harrison Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45211
If you’d like the audition forms sent to you in advance, email Jennifer Perrino at Jenniferperrino@clpshows.org
Important Audition Information!
- You will be asked to read from the script(s).
- Please prepare a song to sing for 32 measures in musical theatre style.
- You will be taught a dance combination as well.
- MUST HAVE A RESUME listing theatrical experience in order to audition.
- A headshot/picture is appreciated. Please bring a headshot and resume.
- Age requirements: 8 to 15 years. This show features a full adult cast as well. Interested adults, send resume to TimPerrino@CLPShows.org. Please note: All the adult roles will be cast separately.
- CLP is actively seeking a diverse cast. Performers of all races and ethnicities, gender identities, sexualities and abilities are especially encouraged to audition and will be considered for all roles
- No more than 2 conflicts will be accepted during the rehearsal process.
- All roles are paid positions.
- Cast members do not have to be the actual ages of the characters in any of the productions – But must be able to look age appropriate and act accordingly.
Role to fill include:
- Children’s Chorus (girl) – Sings, dances, has a few lines.
- -Tiny Tim – Charismatic young boy, unchanged voice, sings solo.
- Ignorance/Boy With Turkey/Children’s Chorus – young boy, sings, simple dances, dialogue – also plays starving child.
- Peter Cratchit/Young boy Scrooge/Children’s Chorus – Bob’s eldest son (early teens), sings, dances, dialogue.
- Fan/Children’s Chorus – endearing, long-lost sister of Ebenezer Scrooge, sings, dances, one large and important scene (early teens).
- Martha Cratchit/Children’s Chorus – Cratchit’s eldest daughter, sings, dances, lines (early teens).
- Belinda Cratchit/Children’s Chorus – Cratchit’s youngest daughter, sings, dances, lines (10-12 years old)
- Want/Children’s Chorus – young girl in the ensemble, sings, dances – also plays starving child.
A CHRISTMAS CAROL
December 1 – 23, 2022
Adapted by Tim Perrino, Music by Jeremy Helmes, Lyrics by Tim Perrino
Based on the book by Charles Dickens
The Covedale’s own very merry musical production, A CHRISTMAS CAROL, makes its triumphant return for the holidays! Our musical version of the classic Dickens tale is deeply faithful to the original, featuring the mean miser Scrooge, Tiny Tim and the most famous haunters of all – the Ghosts of Christmas Past, Present and Future! And it’s all wrapped up in exciting songs like, “Bring Back Christmas”, “On the Streets of Bethlehem”, “The Candle Carol” and many more. It’s been nine years since this show has brightened the Covedale stage. Come experience this “Ghost story of Christmas” again OR for the very first time. It’s a marvelous, merry way to share the yuletide with family and friends. God bless us everyone!