This is a salaried, exempt employee with benefits.
Cincinnati Landmark Productions is the parent theatrical organization for the Covedale Center for the Performing Arts, the Warsaw Federal Incline Theater, Madcap Puppets and Madcap Education Center. This SET BUILDER/SCENIC ARTIST position will be primarily working at the Covedale and the Incline theaters.
Successful candidates will have a good knowledge of scenic construction and theatrical painting techniques. This staff person will interpret plans from the Scene Designer, manage deadlines and schedule tasks with the additional scenic production crew, build and paint and create the finished set for each theatrical production along with the scenic production crew. This staff person must be able to work independently, but also as part of a team.
- Able to utilize technical equipment.
- Able to utilize tools for set work.
- Able and willing to follow instructions with good time management and problem-solving skills.
- Carpentry skills to be utilized for building sets
- Theatrical painting skills including marbling, ragging, and wood graining and texturing – and should have a good understanding of art history, period styles, motifs and architecture.
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs.
- Ability to climb ladders and scaffolding.
- Work with Lighting/Sound designer to focus, hang and run cable when needed.
- Able to read, write and communicate effectively.
- Thinks creatively.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Candidate must be able to work in an unsupervised environment.
- Is a self-starter, dependable, and have excellent communications skills.
- Able to work early mornings and afternoons (based on our production schedule).
- Able to drive a box truck.
- Even tempered and have a good sense of humor and be willing to work in a unique, and fun environment!
If interested, please email Denny Reed, Tech Director at email@example.com (NO PHONE CALLS or WALK-INS PLEASE). When applying, please include a cover letter and resume.
Deadline to submit resume and cover letter is Friday, August 9, 2019.
Start Date – immediate.