ALL ROLES ARE OPEN TO ALL ETHNICITIES!
For information concerning auditions call Eric Byrd at 513-569-8080 ext. 21 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This year, we will be holding auditions in August for our last two MainStage productions of the 17-18 season.
All roles are paid positions.
Upon audition registration, you may indicate which shows you would like to be considered for this season.
Auditions are by appointment only. You only need ONE audition appointment even if you are interested in both productions.
Children ages 9-17 and adults 18+ may make an audition appointment. Appointments can be made for:
- Monday, August 7th, 2017 between 5:30 PM and 8:30 PM
- Tuesday, August 8th, 2017 between 5:30 PM and 8:30 PM
- Wednesday, August 9th, 2017 between 5:30 PM and 8:30 PM
- Thursday, August 10th, 2017 between 5:30 PM and 8:30 PM
You MAY be asked to return and attend a “movement callback” on the day of your audition, which will take place from 8:30 PM to 9:30 PM.
MADAGASCAR: A Musical Adventure callbacks will take place on Saturday, August 12th, from 4:30 PM to 9:30 PM.
MARY POPPINS JR. callbacks will take place on Sunday August 13th, from 1 PM to 6 PM.
Auditions and Callbacks are held at our offices located at: 4015 Red Bank Road, Cincinnati OH 45227.
Please bring a memorized song that best shows your vocal range. (1 minute max). Remember your PIANO SHEET MUSIC for your song as we will NOT be auditioning your a cappella skills. An accompanist will be provided. Your sheet music MUST have the piano part, not just the vocal line, and music should be in a 3-ring binder with the cut CLEARLY marked for the accompanist.
You do NOT need to prepare a monologue.
You may be asked to show your dance ability, please bring appropriate movement clothes and shoes.
Please bring a RECENT 8×10 headshot and UPDATED performance resume.
Please plan to arrive at least 10-15 minutes ahead of your appointment to check/correct previously submitted paperwork.
If we are ahead of schedule, we MAY audition you early.
Due to concentrated rehearsal periods, we ask that you do not have conflicts during rehearsals. In an effort to best facilitate all rehearsal times, all those auditioning will be asked to list all conflicts at the time of the audition. This season, all conflicts will result in a stipend adjustment. Please take note of when rehearsals begin, the day and evening tech and performance schedule, and bring your calendar with you to the audition.
Auditions are by appointment only. Click here to schedule your audition time.
MADAGASCAR: A Musical Adventure
Directed by: TBD
Choreographed by: Eric Byrd
Music Direction: TBD
Book by: Kevin Del Aguila
Original Music, and Lyrics by: George Noriega & Joel Someillan
Rehearsals: January 8th-February 3rd, 2018
Tech Rehearsals: February 7th-February 9th, 2018
Performances: February 10th-February 19th, 2018
SEEKING THE FOLLOWING:
- [MARTY] Marty is a zebra with dreams of exploring beyond the confines of the Central Park Zoo and into the wild. Cast a young man who is a solid singer and actor who also possesses a sweet disposition. Strong singer/actor/mover.
- ALEX] Alex, the lion, is the main attraction at the Central Park Zoo and undoubtedly “The King of New York City.” He’s a fun-loving fella whose devotion to steak is matched only by his devotion to his friends. Strong singer/actor/mover.
- GLORIA] Gloria, the hippopotamus, is a bold young lady with a maternal streak that shines when she’s with her three closest friends: Alex, Marty and Melman. Strong singer/actor/mover.
- MELMAN] Melman is a kind-hearted giraffe who is a bit of a hypochondriac. He’s always just a little bit nervous, but when it comes down to it, he’ll rise to the situation. Strong singer/actor/mover with comic chops.
- [MASON] Mason is a chimpanzee with a bone to pick: though highly intelligent, his species seems to get a bad reputation for being simpleminded, and he takes that quite personally.
- [THE PENGUINS] [Skipper] serves as the captain of the Penguins group, giving orders with ease and command. [Kowalski] is Skipper’s second-in-command and a dutiful one at that. [Rico] is the brute of the group and can karate chop anything in sight. [Private] His primary job in the group is to maintain the cute and fuzzy disguise.
- [THE LEMURS] The Lemurs are a wild band of creatures native to Madagascar trying desperately to avoid being eaten by the cat-like creatures called the Fossa. [King Julien] is their leader a comedian who can sing, dance, act and has intuitive comedic timing. [Maurice] is King Julien’s assistant who is not so welcoming to Madagascar’s new inhabitants. [Mort] is the littlest of the Lemurs, who can barely speak.
- [MALE & FEMALE ENSEMBLE] Skilled and versatile dancer/actor/singers of all ages to portray Lemurs, Foosa, Servers, Camaraman, Candy Hammernose, Passerby, Old Lady, Police Officer #1 and #2, Animal Control Officers, Newspaper Man and Ship’s Captain and possibly cover principal roles. Tumbling skills and dance technique a HUGE plus!
MARY POPPINS JR.
Directed by: Roderick Justice
Choreographed by: Paula Rakestraw
Music Direction: TBD
Book by: Julian Fellowes
Original Music & Lyrics by: Richard M. Sherman and Robert B. Sherman
New Songs & Additional Lyrics by: Anthony Drewe & George Stiles
Rehearsals: March 3rd-March 31st, 2018
Tech Rehearsals: April 2nd-April 6th, 2018
Performances: April 7th-April 16th, 2018
SEEKING THE FOLLOWING:
- [MARY POPPINS] Jane and Michael Banks’s new nanny. She is extraordinary and strange, neat and tidy, delightfully vain yet particular, and sometimes a little frightening but always exciting. She is practically perfect in every way and always means what she says. A mezzo soprano with strong top notes, she should be able to move well. Vocal range Gb3-C6
- [BERT] The narrator of the story, is a good friend to Mary Poppins. An everyman, Bert has many occupations, including hurdy-gurdy player, sidewalk artist and chimney sweep. He has charm, speaks with a Cockney accent and is a song-and-dance man. Strong singer/dancer/actor, Baritenor, Vocal Range: B2-F#4
- [GEORGE BANKS] The father to Jane and Michael Banks, is a banker to the very fiber of his being. Demanding “precision and order” in his household, he is a pipe-and-slippers man who doesn’t have much to do with his children and believes that he had the perfect upbringing by his nanny, the cruel Miss Andrew. Strong actor, a baritone, George may speak-sing as necessary.
- [WINIFRED BANKS] George’s wife and Jane and Michael’s mother. A former actress, she is a loving and distracted homemaker who is busy trying to be the model wife and mother. She suffers from the conflicting feelings that she’s not up to the job of “being Mrs. Banks,” yet, she is, and more. Vocal Range: A3-D5
- [JANE] The high-spirited 11 year old daughter of Mr. and Mr. Banks, is bright and precocious but can be willful and inclined to snobbishness. Vocal Range: A3-F#5
- [MICHAEL] The cute and cheeky 9 year old son of Mr. and Mrs. Banks. Excitable and naughty, he adores his father and tries to be like him. Both he and Jane misbehave in order to get the attention of their parents, Vocal Range: A3- E5
- [BIRD WOMAN] An elderly woman covered in a patchwork of old shawls, with her pockets are stuffed with bags of crumbs for the birds. She tries to sell her crumbs to passersby, who ignore her as if she doesn’t exist. Sings “Feed the Birds.” There can be a gruff, folksy quality to her voice that reflects the hardness of her life. Vocal range: Gb3-C5
- [MRS. CORRY] Owns a magical gingerbread shop. She is a mysterious woman of great age who speaks with a Caribbean accent (or any accent that would make her seem exotic).
- [MISS ANDREWS] George’s overbearing and scary nanny. With her bottle of nasty-tasting brimstone and treacle to keep naughty children in line, she is a bully who only knows one way of doing things – her way. A soprano with an alto belt, there can be some heaviness to her voice along with range. Vocal range: Gb3-F5
- [KATIE NANA] Jane and Michael’s nanny at the beginning of the show. Overwhelmed and upset, she has absolutely had her fill of the Banks children.
- [POLICEMAN] A neighborhood fixture who is respected by and observant of households on his beat.
- [BANK CHAIRMAN] The head of the bank where Mr. Banks is employed, is an Edwardian stuffed-shirt. Vocal range: C3-D4, He can speak/sing his lines if necessary.
- [MRS. BRILL] The housekeeper and cook for the Banks family. Overworked and harrassed, she’s always complaining that the house is understaffed. Her intimidating exterior is a cover for the warmth underneath. Mrs. Brill doesn’t have a high opinion of nannies in general and Mary Poppins in particular. Vocal Range: F#3-D#5
- [ROBERTSON AYE] The houseboy to the Banks family. Lazy, sleepy and grumbling, he never gets things right and believes himself to be useless. Vocal range top: F3-G#4
- [PARK KEEPER] Uniformed and officious, he makes sure no one breaks park regulations. His life is defined by rules, but he secretly hankers after his childhood.
- [NELEUS] The statue of a young boy posed with a dolphin in the park. Neleus was separated from his father, Poseidon, and misses him very much. A small and lonely being, he is very happy to befriend Jane and Michael. Extremely technical dancer.
- [MISS SMYTHE] The Bank Chairman’s humorless secretary.
- [VON HUSSLER] A businessman seeking a loan from the bank for a shady business deal. He speaks with a German accent.
- [JOHN NORTHBROOK] An honest business man seeking a loan to build a factory for his community. He speaks with an accent from Northern England.
- [MALE & FEMALE ENSEMBLE] 4 men, 4 women, to portray various characters in the ensemble, including Chimney Sweeps, Parkgoers. Seeking extremely strong actor/singer/dancers with pop/rock voices and hip-hop/jazz dance training. Puppeteer and tumbling skills a HUGE plus!