Seeking men, women, and children for roles in WILLY WONKA. The classic tale of Charlie and Willy Wonka’s famous chocolate factory comes to life on The Carnegie stage for our annual family-friendly production! Cheer on Charlie as he finds his golden ticket, sing along with the Oompa-Loompas, and take a fantastical tour of the most famous candy factory of all time. Based on the enchanting 1971 film starring Gene Wilder, WILLY WONKA features all your favorite tunes, including “The Candyman,” “I’ve Got a Golden Ticket,” and “Pure Imagination.” It’s a scrumdidilyumptious musical guaranteed to delight everyone’s sweet tooth.
Directed and Choreographed by Maggie Perrino
Music Direction by Xan Jeffery
Performances January 18-21, 25-28, 2018
Thursday, Friday & Saturday Evenings at 7:30pm
Saturdays at 2:00pm; Sundays at 3:00pm (double shows on Saturdays)
Rehearsals December 11-14, 18-21, 27-29, Jan 2-5, 7-12, 14-17
Auditions by Appointment on August 27, 28, and 29 from 6:30-9:30pm.
To schedule a time slot, please contact Maggie Perrino, firstname.lastname@example.org
What to Prepare:
- Please prepare 16-32 bars of an up-tempo musical theatre song. An accompanist will be provided. Please bring sheet music in the correct key. A cappella auditions, or those with pre-recorded accompaniment, will not be considered.
- There will be a short movement audition so please dress appropriately
- You may also be asked to read from the script
- Resume listing theatrical experience and headshot/picture are required to audition. Please bring with you to the audition, do not send in advance.
- Cast members do not have to be the actual ages of the characters, but must look appropriate onstage.
- Willy Wonka is a collaboration with The Carnegie Education Dept, featuring student actors alongside adult professionals. Roles open to ages 8 and up. Not AEA eligible.
Auditions will take place in Eva G. Farris Education Center at The Carnegie, 1028 Scott Blvd. Covington KY, 41011
Seeking men, women, teens, and children to fill all roles. Adult roles feature age range of mid 30s to early 70s. Will consider teens and young adults (15-22ish) for young leading roles (Charlie, Veruca, Augustus, Mike, Violet). Actors of all shapes, sizes, and ethnicities encouraged to audition.
- Willy Wonka
- Candy Man, doubles as Phineous Trout
- Charlie Bucket
- Mrs Bucket
- Mr Bucket
- Grandpa Joe
- Grandma Josephine
- Grandpa George
- Grandma Georgina
- Augustus Gloop
- Mrs Gloop
- Veruca Salt
- Mr Salt
- Mike Teavee
- Ms Teavee
- Violet Beauregarde
- Mrs Beauregarde
- 6 Teen Ensemble members- playing featured teens: James, Matilda, Sophie, Danny, Alfie, Billie, as well as Candy Man Kids, cooks, factory workers and numerous roles throughout. Must be strong singers/dancers.
- 8 Youth Ensemble members- playing Candy Man Kids, Oompa-loompas, and squirrels. Must be confident singers and move well. Must be able to read from the script. Ideally aged 8 -13 years old.
ROALD DAHL’S WILLY WONKA presented by special arrangement with Music Theatre International. 421 West 54th Street. NY, NY 10019. www.MTIshows.com