Dare to Defy Productions is thrilled to announce auditions for our upcoming production of the musical BONNIE & CLYDE. The show will run May 14, 2020 – May 17, 2020 at the Brightside Music and Event Center with a tentative first rehearsal on April 6, 2020.
Auditions/callbacks will be held on December 15, 2019 starting at 2:00 pm. You will not need to prepare your own songs, we will only be working material from the show. To receive callback materials, please send your headshot/resume to email@example.com
All roles are available. All Ethnicities are encouraged to audition. These are paid non-union contract positions. Please see casting breakdown below.
- BONNIE PARKER: (18 TO 25) A BEAUTIFUL GIRL TORN BETWEEN LOVE AND FAME. CLYDE’S AMBITIOUS, STUBBORN LOVER. G3-F5
- YOUNG BONNIE: THE YOUNG HOPEFUL AND FAN OF CLARA BOW, AT 10 AND 14. C#4-C5
- BLANCHE BARROW: (25 TO 35) A RELIGIOUS WOMAN WHO DISAPPROVES OF THE CRIMINAL LIFESTYLE. HONORABLE AND RIGHTEOUS. MARRIED TO BUCK BARROW. G3-EB5
- EMMA PARKER: (40 TO 55) BONNIES’ WIDOWED MOTHER. FRAGILE, CARING, SENSITIVE.
- CUMIE BARROW: (40 TO 55) A KIND WOMAN. LOYAL AND SELFLESS. MOTHER TO CLYDE AND BUCK.
- GOVERNOR MIRIAM FERGUSON: (40 TO 60) AN ENFORCER OF THE LAW AND GOVENOR OF TEXAS. TOUGH AND HARSH.
- CLYDE BARROW: (18 TO 25) A CHARMING SMALL-TOWN BOY WHO CRAVES NOTORIETY. BONNIE’S RECKLESS, BOLD, DARING LOVER. A2-C5
- YOUNG CLYDE: THE YOUNG SHARPSHOOTER AT 11 AND 15. B3-A5
- MARVIN “BUCK” BARROW: (25 TO 35) CLYDE’S BROTHER AND OUTLAW TROUBLED BY HIS WIFE’S DISTATE FOR HIS LIFESTYLE. ADVENTUROUS AND LOYAL. B2-G4
- TED HINTON: (18 to 25) A POLICE OFFER SRUGGLING TO SEPARATE HIS FEELINGS FROM HIS DUTIES. KIND AND HONEST. MADLY IN LOVE WITH BONNIE. C3-A4
- PREACHER: (40 TO 65) THE TOWN’S EVANGELIST. LOUD, PASSIONATE, BOISTEROUS. A2-C5
- HENRY BARROW: (45 TO 60) A HARD WORKING MAN, STRUGGLING TO SURVIVE, HUMBLE AND QUIET. FATHER OF CLYDE AND BUCK.
NARNIA The Musical
Dare to Defy Productions
Nov. 30-Dec. 1
Victoria Theatre [Dayton]
NARNIA: The Musical is a dramatization of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, the first and most famous of acclaimed British author C.S. Lewis’s world-renowned series, The Chronicles of Narnia.
It tells of four English schoolchildren – brothers and sisters – sent away from London during World War II to stay in the manor house of their uncle – who stumble upon (and through) a wardrobe into the magical kingdom of Narnia, held in the power of the White Witch, whose evil spell has frozen the land, so that it is “always winter – and never Christmas.” They are embraced by the talking animals, the good Narnians who resist the Witch’s evil and await the return of Aslan – the Great Lion, who is their rightful ruler. Aslan, who has long been absent from his land (so that some have even doubted his existence) has – at last! – returned, to confront the Witch, and the children are soon caught up in a fierce struggle of good versus evil.
- Sat, Nov. 30 at 2pm & 8pm
- Sun, Dec. 1 at 1pm & 7pm
Official page | Facebook event |
A NEW BRAIN
Dare to Defy Productions
PNC Annex [Dayton]
Cast: Bobby Mitchum as Gordon Michael Schwinn, Brent Hoggatt as Roger Delli-Bovi, Danielle Ruddy as Rhoda, Abby Hoggatt as Nancy D/Waitress, Lindsay Sherman as Mimi Schwinn, Vanae Pate as Homeless Lady, Brandon Leatherland as Mr. Bungee, John Woll as Richard, Zach King as Dr. Jafar Berensteiner & Garrett Young as The Minister
By the Tony Award-winning authors of Falsettos, here is an energetic, sardonic, often comical musical about a composer during a medical emergency. Gordon collapses into his lunch and awakes in the hospital, surrounded by his maritime-enthusiast lover, his mother, a co-worker, the doctor, and the nurses. Reluctantly, he had been composing a song for a children’s television show that features a frog – Mr. Bungee – and the specter of this large green character and the unfinished work haunts him throughout his medical ordeal.
- Thu, Oct. 17 at 7:30pm
- Fri, Oct. 18 at 8pm
- Sat, Oct. 19 at 2pm & 8pm
Official page | Facebook event
Dare 2 Defy Productions is thrilled to announce auditions for our upcoming production of the musical JEKYLL & HYDE, directed by Mackensie King.
The show will run March 19, 2020 – March 22, 2020 at the Brightside Music & Event Venue with a tentative first rehearsal of February 3, 2020.
Auditions/callbacks will be held on October 12, 2019 starting at 2:00 pm.
To receive callback materials, please send your headshot/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Audition location will be emailed back.
Please see our website for more information: https://www.dare2defy.org/jekyllandhyde-auditions
The cast includes:
- Bobby Mitchum as Gordon Michael Schwinn,
- Brent Hoggatt as Roger Delli-Bovi,
- Danielle Ruddy as Rhoda,
- Abby Hoggatt as Nancy D/Waitress,
- Lindsay Sherman as Mimi Schwinn,
- Vanae Pate as Homeless Lady,
- Brandon Leatherland as Mr. Bungee,
- John Woll as Richard,
- Zach King as Dr. Jafar Berensteiner &
- Garrett Young as The Minister
Performances run Oct. 17-19 in the PNC Arts Annex in Dayton.
For more information visit www.dare2defy.org