Auditions are open for COMPANY
Nov 17 &18 from 6-7pm
D2D is also accepting video submissions at email@example.com.
Please prepare a 16-32 bar cut of a similar style. Callbacks will happen directly after auditions on both nights and will include a movement call.
Directed by Mackensie King
Music and Lyrics by Stephen Sondheim
Book by George Furth
Performance dates: March 16-19th 2022 the PNC Arts Annex
Rehearsals begin: February 7th 2022 (Mon-Thu 7-10 pm)
Paid, contracted positions.
Company Character Descriptions:
Actors of all races, ethnicities, gender identities and abilities are encouraged to audition.
- Robert – The story’s protagonist, he is a keen observer who appears happy but holds pain in his heart. He is the only one of his friends still single. Terrified of marriage and fears a lifelong loneliness. 30-35
- Sarah – Harry’s hypercritical wife. She is an avid learner of karate and tends to overeat. Open, accepting, and full of love. 30-40
- Harry – Sarah’s husband. He is a recovering alcoholic continually falling off the wagon. Believes the advantages of marriage outweigh the disadvantages. 35-45
- Susan – A delicate southern belle. Peter’s wife and ex-wife. Motherly in her affections towards Robert. 30-40
- Peter – Susan’s husband. The perfect husband and ex-husband. He is very liberal in his view of relationships. 30-40
- Jenny – Quietly manipulative, simultaneously square and wise. Loves her husband, David, and will indulge him from time to time. 30-40
- David- The role of David has been cast**
- Amy – A frantic neurotic engaged to Paul but terrified of marriage. After a mental breakdown, she finally realizes that Paul is, in fact, her soulmate. 25-35
- Paul – Amy’s fiancé. Mildly clingy, but patient to her neurotic nature. He is fully committed to the idea of marriage and encourages Robert to do the same. 25-35
- Joanne – Acerbic, demanding, and blunt. Too old to be part of the young crowd, but not old enough to be part of the older crowd. Puts on a brassy front that melts when she is alone with her husband. 40-50
- Larry – Joanne’s husband. He is stoic and centered, but has moments of goofiness. Indulges his wife’s behavior but knows when to put his foot down. 45-55
- Marta – A girlfriend of Robert’s. Intensely modern, who is seeking adventure and excitement in the City. 20-30
- Kathy – An old girlfriend of Robert’s, who is now considered a good friend. She plans to leave the City for a life of domesticity. Sweet and loving. 25-35
- April – A girlfriend of Robert’s. She is a flight attendant who came to New York to live in Radio City. Ditzy and adorable. 25-35
** All cast and crew must be vaccinated prior to the first rehearsal! **