Cincinnati Landmark Productions is holding auditions for CLUE the Musical & FOOTLOOSE, two of our 2023 Summer Classic Season Productions
- Saturday, January 7, 2023 1pm to 3:30pm
- Sunday, January 8, 2023 1pm to 3:30pm
- Monday, January 9, 2023 6:00pm to 8:00pm (CLUE the Musical)
- Saturday, January 14, 2023 1:00pm to 5:00pm. (FOOTLOOSE)
Audition location: The Madcap Education Center, 3064 Harrison Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45211
If you’d like the audition forms sent to you in advance, email Jennifer Perrino at Jenniferperrino@clpshows.org
For Each Show:
- You will be asked to read from the script.
- MUST HAVE A RESUME listing theatrical experience to audition for either production.
- Please bring a headshot/picture.
- Performers of all races and ethnicities, gender identities, sexualities and abilities are especially encouraged to audition and will be considered for all roles.
- First round video submissions are acceptable but not preferred.
- No more than 2 conflicts will be accepted during the rehearsal process.
- All roles are paid positions. No Roles have been precast.
- Cast members do not have to be the actual ages of the characters in any of the productions – But must be able to look age appropriate and act accordingly.
CLUE the Musical
- Minimum age to audition is 21.
- Please prepare a song to sing for 32 measures in musical theatre style.
- You may be asked to learn a dance combination, depending on the role.
- Minimum age to audition is 16.
- Please prepare a song to sing for 32 measures of a pop/rock, a musical theatre or a song from the show.
- Dance/Tumbling/Tricks are a HUGE plus.
CLUE: The Musical
Book by Peter DePietro; Music by Glaen Blum, Wayne Barker and Vinnie Martucci; Lyrics by Tom Chiodo Based on the Parker Brothers’ Board Game
April 19 – May 14, 2023
Tim Perrino, Director; Greg Dastillung, Music Director, Cassidy Steele, Choreographer and Jenny Lutes, Stage Manager
Who killed Mr. Boddy, with what, and where? It might be Mr. Plum with the wrench in the Library, Colonel Mustard with the candlestick in the Dining Room, or Mrs. Peacock with the rope in the kitchen? The internationally popular game is now a fun-filled musical that brings the world’s best-known suspects to life and invites the audience to help solve the mystery! With all the potential murderers, weapons, and rooms, there are 216 possible solutions! Comic antics, witty lyrics, and beguiling tunes carry the investigation from suspect to suspect. Even after the culprit confesses, a surprise twist delights the audience!
- Mr. Boddy: Lead, Male, 30-45
The host of the game, current husband of Mrs. Peacock, victim of the impending murder; Mr. Boddy has a unique relationship with each of the Suspects that informs each character’s potential motive to commit murder; to the audience, Mr. Boddy is a smooth, charismatic, handsome, playful host. Baritone.
- Mrs. Peacock: Lead, Female, 40-60
Black widow and chairwoman of Peacock Enterprises, married to Mr. Boddy and cheating with Col. Mustard; acerbic, manipulative, sexy socialite; mezzo with belt.
- Professor Plum: Lead, Male, 25-40
Genius, author, intellect, impostor, his family fortune was ruined by Mr. Boddy; astute intellectual with a wry sense of humor; baritone.
- Miss Scarlet: Lead, Female, 20-35
Femme fatale, a former Las Vegas lounge performer, and former lover of Mr. Green; shrewd, very attractive; wide vocal range with belt.
- Colonel Mustard: Lead, Male, 45-65
Fancies himself a triumphant war Colonel; he is implicated in the death of both of Mr. Boddy’s parents and is currently having an affair with another character in the show; he is a pompous, randy, military man with a strong personality; baritone
- Mrs. White: To be played by a man, 40-70
Chief domestic of Boddy Manor; she is virtually enslaved by Mr. Boddy; a fun-loving, dirty, rough around the edges Cockney maid; alto with strong character belt.
- Mr. Green: Lead, Male, 25-35
- Detective: Lead, Female, 30-60
Music by Tom Snow; Lyrices by Dean Pitchford, Stage Adaptation by Dean Pitchford and Walter Bobbie; Based on the original screenplay by Dean Pitchford; Additional Music by Eric Carmen Sammy Hagar, Kenny Loggins and Jim Steinman
May 31 – June 25, 2023
Eric Byrd, Director/Choreographer; Damon Stevens, Music Director, Angelica Ortiz, Stage Manager
When Ren and his mother move from Chicago to a small Texas town, he is not prepared for the local edict instituted by the local preacher that bans dancing! When the reverend’s rebellious daughter sets her sights on Ren, her roughneck boyfriend tries to sabotage Ren’s reputation, with the locals eager to believe the worst about the new kid. The heartfelt story pits a father longing for a lost son against a young man aching for the father who walked out on him. To the rockin’ rhythm of its Oscar and Tony-nominated score, plus dynamic new songs, Footloose celebrates the wisdom of listening to young people while guiding them with a warm heart and open mind.
- Ren: Lead, Male, 16-22
Witty, full of energy, goes from being feisty and flippant to fully exploring his emotions as he journeys from boyhood to maturity.
- Willard Hewitt :Lead, Male, 16-20
Not dumb, but a gentle soul with quick fists, which are his defense against a world he has trouble comprehending; humorous, a great friend to Ren, and totally in love with Rusty, but slow to show it.
- Chuck Cranston: Lead, Male, 16-22
Ariel’s boyfriend; self-assured, cocky, ignorant, a bully; confident of his own importance.
- Lyle & Travis: Supporting, Male, 16-22
Chuck’s buddies; carbon copies of Chuck; love a good laugh.
- Adult Males: Supporting, Male, 30-61
Coach Roger Dunbar, Wes Warnicker, Principal Harry.
- Ariel Moore: Lead, Female, 16-21
Smart, completely aware of how to behave in front of her father and how differently to behave with her friends; dreams of getting out of the “small town” prison she’s in; passionate, explosive, and thrill-seeking.
- Urleen, Wendy Jo, Rusty: Supporting, Female, 16-22
- Rev. Shaw Moore: Lead, Male, 38-56
- Vi Moore, Eleanor Dunbar, Lulu Warnicker: Supporting, Female, 37-59
- Ensemble:Chorus / Ensemble, All Genders, 16-25