The Assistant Stage Manager will assist the organization in fulfilling its mission of educating, entertaining and engaging audiences of all ages through professional theatrical productions and arts education programming
Along with the Resident Stage Manager, the Assistant Stage Manager coordinates rehearsal and performance needs for The Children’s Theatre.
This position will report directly to the Resident Stage Manager.
- Assist in managing schedules for technical departments and casts with the Resident Stage Manager and Director of Production.
- Attend all production meetings, load- in, load- out, rehearsals, and performances.
- Assist in the scheduling of rehearsals and performances.
- Assist in paperwork generally associated with Stage Management including crew running paperwork, character costume breakdowns, properties tracking sheets, etc., as well as prompt book creation.
- Assist in performer choreography and blocking record keeping.
- Assisting the Resident Stage Manager with all duties required for the production, including set up of the rehearsal room, lighting and sound needs, taping out the rehearsal space, prop table, and the creation, maintenance, and distribution of all paperwork including the prompt book containing blocking and production cue.
- Serve as Child Wrangler for all youth performers within the productions.
- Other duties as assigned by Resident Stage Manager.
Ideal and Minimum Qualifications:
- Ability to work and maintain schedules for technical departments and performers
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Knowledge of and Experience with Microsoft Office
- Ability to read written Music
- Broad understanding of all aspects of technical theatre
- Ability to work with people from a wide variety of backgrounds
Compensation & Benefits:
- Stipend based per show
To Apply: Qualified candidates should submit whatever they feel best reflects their qualifications. This can come in the form of a video, cover letter/resume, portfolio, and/or demo reels. (Files should be less than 3MB in total, links are welcome). No phone calls, please.
Please submit materials and any references to Jadi.Davis@tctcincinnati.com. Subject Line: ASM Submission
View more info on our website: https://thechildrenstheatre.com/jobs-auditions/