CMT announces auditions for our 2022-2023 MAINSTAGE Season Opener,
- July 31, 2022 – Auditions from 7pm – 10pm
- August 1, 2022 – Auditions from 7pm – 10pm
- August 3, 2022 – Callbacks for those asked, time to be determined.
Clifton United Methodist Church
3416 Clifton Ave.
Cincinnati, Ohio 45220
LINK TO SIGN UP: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0e48aba62aa3f4c43-auditions
With a score by Leonard Bernstein, Wonderful Town tells the story of two sisters, Ruth and Eileen, who move from a rural town in Ohio to experience the bright lights, the big city, and the crazy characters of Greenwich Village, New York City. Ruth is an aspiring writer and Eileen is a dancer who wants to pursue a life on stage. One sister can’t find a man no matter what she does, the other can’t keep them away. Together, these two sisters take on the world.
WHAT TO PREPARE
- Audtionees should prepare a portion of a Broadway or jazz song (standards preferred) – no longer than 1 minute- showing acting, comedic chops, and/or vocal range. Should also be prepared to tell a short joke (this show is a comedy after all). Be prepared to move in a short dance combo and read from the script.
- 10-11 Women, 12-13 Men
- Eileen – Ruth’s sister, a recent arrival from Ohio (LYRIC SOPRANO)
- Ruth – Eileen’s sister, a recent arrival from Ohio (ALTO)
- Robert (Bob) Baker – editor at the Manhatter (BARITONE)
- Wreck – former college football player (BARITONE)
- Chick Clark – newspaperman (BARITONE) (doubles in Ensemble)
- Frank Lippencott – manager of the local drug store (BARITONE) (doubles in Ensemble)
- Officer Lonigan (John) – neighborhood cop (TENOR)
- Tour Guide – shows tourists around Greenwich Village; can be male or female (doubles in Ensemble)
- Appopolous – modern painter; Ruth’s and Eileen’s landlord (non-singing role)
- Helen – Wreck’s girlfriend
- Mrs. Wade – Helen’s mother (non-singing role)
- First Associate Editor – fellow employee at the Manhatter (doubles in Ensemble)
- Second Associate Editor – fellow employee at the Manhatter (doubles in Ensemble)
- Violet – “working gal” of the village (doubles in Ensemble)
- Speedy Valenti – proprietor of the Village Vortex, lost in his own world of jazz (non-singing)
- Tourist, Greenwich villagers, New York crowd, Brazilian cadets, cops, “Hepcats” (9 numbers and bit parts)
WONDERFUL TOWN runs in the Jarson Kaplan Theater at the Aronoff Center for the Arts in November. Tech week starts on October 29, 2022 with set load out of the warehouse! The production runs November 4, 5, 6, and November 9, 10, 11, and 12th!
- Directed by Mike Fielder
- Produced by Mary Pat Carletti, Peter Merten, Rob Workley
- Music Directed by Charlie Wilhelm
- Vocal Directed by Linda Abbott