THE LEGEND OF GEORGIA MCBRIDE
By Matthew Lopez
- Sunday, April 3rd – 4pm – 5:30pm
- Monday, April 4th – 7pm – 8:30pm
- Tuesday, April 5th – 7pm – 8:30pm
- Casey/Georgia McBride: Male, late 20’s to early 30’s Southern, charismatic and good-looking small town high school football star turned Elvis impersonator; a loyal, loving husband who dreams big, if not practically; lived a charmed life until now, and though he’s never dumb, he hash’t yet had to grow up and take responsibility for his life/family. Georgia: a drag queen with Elvis, country, and rock ‘n’ roll roots, but ultimately a wholly original creation and a force of nature; sexy, flirtatious, and fierce.
- Jo: Female, late 20’s to early 30’s Southern; Casey’s wife; a hard-headed woman married to a soft-hearted man; a realist who’s prone to being fatalistic; grounds her husband while he enables her to breathe and dream; tough without being bitchy; works hard in a service job and it’s taken a toll run down; insecure about her appearance; she is perhaps not the striking, sexy girl she once was, but those qualities are just below the surface.
- Eddie: Male, needs to look and act over mid 30’s Eddie: the easily flustered, hot-headed owner of a struggling dive bar; a bit rough around the edges; still longing for the dimly remembered glory days of high school; later in the play, he becomes an amateur showman who loves the spotlight; cousin to Tracey Mills.
- Miss Tracey Mills: Needs to look and act over mid 30’s Spirited, sassy, energetic and filled with the desire to perform and create. She wants to create and be a great drag performer.
- Rexy: Male, late 20’s to mid 30’s Bitchy in a mean way, but very funny; feisty and sharp-tongued with a dark past; a fairly trashy gal who fancies herself the most sophisticated in the room; thrives on conflict and is a bit of a hot mess, but she has great respect for the history and art of drag.
- Jason: Male, late 20’s to mid 30’s the sweet best friend of Jo and Casey. Helvetica: a mellow, confident, unflappable drag queen.(this role can be combined with Rexy)
Audition Requirements: Cold reading from the script
Production dates: June 17-25