LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS
- Monday, May 2 – 6:30pm – 8:30pm
- Tuesday, May 3 – 6:30pm – 8:30pm
- Wednesday, May 4 – 6:30pm – 8:30pm (this evening may be used for call-backs as well)
Please prepare 2 songs (up to 32 measures) that show your range, strength and character. You may be ask to do cold readings from the script. Accompanist will be provided.
- Mr. Mushnik: The seasoned owner of the failing East Side flower shop and Seymour’s nosy boss. He is profit-driven, greedy, and manipulative. Vocal range top: F4 – Vocal range bottom: G2
- Audrey: Bleached-blond, Billie-Dawn-like, secret love of Seymour’s life. She has poor self-worth and education, but incredibly good looks and a sweet and vulnerable demeanor. Vocal range top: D5 – Vocal range bottom: G#3
- Audry II – The Plant: Male or Female – The actor/actress needs a powerful voice/belt. A funky Rhythm and Blues voice is best. The plant will have a more human persona and needs a lot of sex appeal and charisma. Vocal range top: G4 – Vocal range bottom: G2
- Chiffon, Crystal & Ronnette: Female or Male – Street urchins, acting as the occasional Greek Chorus. Young, hip, and smart, the only ones who have a grip on reality. Must be able to harmonize. Vocal range top: F5 – Vocal range bottom: Ab3
- Seymour Krelborn: An insecure, put-upon florist’s clerk and eventual hero. He is a genuine, well-meaning man who is taken for granted because of his clumsy ways and poor social skills. Vocal range top: G4 – Vocal range bottom: A2
- Orin Scrivello: An egotistical dentist with a passion for leather and sadistic tendencies. Audrey’s abusive boyfriend, who is targeted by Seymour. Vocal range top: G4 – Vocal range bottom: G2
- CHORUS: Several people will be cast as townspeople, skid row bums, back-up singers, etc.
Performance dates: Aug. 19-27