Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) and is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion in all areas of its work, both on and offstage. Qualified individuals who bring diverse perspectives and life experiences to the workplace are especially encouraged to apply.
Job Title: Patron Services Associate – Part-time
Rate of Pay: $13.90 per hour
Ideal start date: January 24, 2022
Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park is searching for several Patron Services Associates to be provide excellent customer service for all aspects of ticketing operations and sales, both in-person and via the phone using the Tessitura arts enterprise system. The position works primarily in the Box Office but will also have required duties in the parking garage (outside), in other public spaces within the facility and at occasional outreach efforts outside the Playhouse.
Reports to the both the Ticket Services Manager and Ticket System Administrator.
This is a part-time, non-exempt, seasonal position. There is no guaranteed minimum number of hours per week and flexibility is necessary. Number of hours per week vary based on performance schedule and can range from zero hours when there are no performances up to 20 hours. The position will require work outside normal business hours, including evenings and weekends. The 2021-22 season runs until May 22, 2022. During the season, Box Office hours are Tuesday through Saturday from noon to 8:00 p.m., Sunday from noon to 2:30 p.m. and Monday from noon to 5 p.m. This position may also work 9 a.m. to noon, prior to Box Office opening.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Sell tickets/products in person and via the telephone to Playhouse patrons using the Tessitura arts enterprise system.
- Provide the highest level of customer service by proactively responding to the needs of Playhouse patrons.
- Enhance the development of ongoing and repeat business relationships with patrons. Address concerns and requests promptly, determine ways to improve patron experiences going forward.
- Collaborate within the department to develop and implement best practices for all patron touch points including ticketing operations, sales, outbound and inbound phone calls, parking attendant
- Periodically serve as administrative office receptionist when Box Office is closed during business hours.
- Ensure consistent messaging, data tracking and reporting of patron transactions within the departments using the Tessitura.
- Represent Playhouse in the Park to the public at events inside and outside the physical building.
- Assist with system duties in Tessitura.
Ideal Qualifications and Requirements:
- Customer service experience is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Computer proficiency required, including good working knowledge of Excel and Word.
- High school education and above
- Interest in theatre and the arts is beneficial.
- A calm, patient, diplomatic, empathetic, confident, and pleasant demeanor in working with various levels of staff, donors, and guests.
- Comfort with highly sensitive information.
- High ability to prioritize own wide-ranging work- load and work independently.
- Manages tasks to completion and sets priorities.
- Advanced attention to detail, organization, and accuracy.
- Strong ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and vendors.
- High threshold for working through ambiguity.
- Maintains integrity and ethics through difficult situations and conversations.
- Commitment to DEIA (Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Accessibility) values, and the ability to interact and build relationships with people of diverse backgrounds, personalities and working styles.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
- Position is primarily located in a climate-controlled office. The exception is when working as parking attendant outside during performances, which is required of this position. There is occasional offsite work including (both indoors and outdoors).
- Digital dexterity and hand/eye coordination in operation of standard office equipment (computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets).
- Position is generally sedentary, and the employee may sit for long periods of time working at a computer screen (90% or more of their workday). Serving as parking attendant requires standing and moving in an outside environment.
- Position requires a minimum amount of external activity, but on occasion may require local travel to other worksites.
- Light Lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling of supplies, files, etc.: generally, up to 10 lbs. and occasionally up to 25 lbs.
- Occasional stooping, kneeling, crouching.
- Ability to speak clearly to and hear/listen to employees/clients via phone or in person.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, listen, speak, climb stairs, walk, and occasionally run.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands and safe working expectations described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park continues to monitor the pandemic situation. Qualified candidates will be expected to comply with Playhouse’s health and safety plan – while at work and outside work – that continues to be updated per latest state and federal guidelines.
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position, it is not necessarily exhaustive of all responsibilities, duties, requirements, or expectations of this position. Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park reserves the right to revise or amend this description based on business needs or changes to the work environment.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
- Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and references to Don Wong, Ticketing Services Manager at email@example.com.
- Positions will remain posted until filled.
- No phone calls, please.