Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) and is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion in all areas of its work, both on and offstage. Qualified individuals who bring diverse perspectives and life experiences to the workplace are especially encouraged to apply.
Position: Front of House Staff
Pay Rates: $13.50 – $15.00/hour
Start date: immediately/as soon as trained
Front of House Staff are self-motivated individuals who enjoy working in an exciting entertainment environment by providing a positive patron experience for all patrons while working collaboratively with volunteers, ticketing and production staff.
- Responsible for providing excellent customer service to all Playhouse guests.
- House Manager is the front of house staff lead for mainstage and secondary performances at Playhouse. House Assistants work with Managers primarily in the mainstage theatre but periodically in the secondary stage.
- Responsible for coordinating the pre-show set up which includes checking house management and hearing enhancement equipment in lobbies and theatres as needed.
- Supervising volunteer ushers and presenting clear usher instructions for each performance.
- Resolves patron and volunteer issues as they arise.
- Coordinates with stage management curtain time/intermissions while monitoring and helping to provide a smooth transition for our patrons from the lobbies to the theatres.
- On call during performances for late arrivals, exiting patrons and emergency situations. Provides leadership in emergency situations, including fire alarm evacuations and inclement weather warnings.
- Will receive safety training including but not limited to First Aid, CPR/AED, BBP and Fire Extinguisher.
- Managers will be responsible for submitting house counts and reports to appropriate departments. Additionally, reporting any physical plant concerns or issues to Playhouse’s Facility department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous hospitality and/or customer service experience is a plus.
- An ideal candidate has excellent people skills with strong organizational skills, solid interpersonal/communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software: Excel, Word, Outlook and Sharepoint. Experience with Tessitura ticking system a plus.
- Must be able to manage competing patron and performance needs while handling the stress of customer service with a positive demeanor.
- An appreciation for the performing arts and theatre in particular is preferred.
- The employee is frequently required to stand and walk, and occasionally stoop or kneel.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- The employee will be required to be mobile for the majority of their shifts, and is required to regularly see, talk and hear.
Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park continues to monitor the pandemic situation. Qualified candidates will be expected to comply with Playhouse’s health and safety plan – while at work and outside work – that continues to be updated per latest state and federal guidelines.
The physical demands and safe working expectations described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position, it is not necessarily exhaustive of all responsibilities, duties, requirements or expectations of this position. Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park reserves the right to revise or amend this description based on business needs or changes to the work environment.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and references to Joellyn Goos, House Staff Supervisor at Joellyn.email@example.com, and cc Amy Stier at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and positions will be filled on an ongoing basis.