Title: Communications Associate
Reports to: Director of Marketing and Data Analytics
Start Date: As soon as possible
About the Cincinnati Shakespeare Company
The Cincinnati Shakespeare Company (CSC) is a resident ensemble theatre
company bringing Shakespeare and the Classics to life for audiences of all ages. Operating out of The Otto M. Budig Theater, CSC hosts a year-round theatrical season in addition to special events, educational programming, and outreach efforts. In its theatrical portfolio, CSC executes up to 10 mainstage productions and 6 touring productions annually. Beyond its theatrical portfolio, CSC supports collaborations with many local community and arts organizations.
Diversity and inclusion are priorities of the Cincinnati Shakespeare Company. CSC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, sex, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or any other legally protected classification.
The Communications Associate will work closely with the Director of Marketing and Data Analytics and Director of Development to support the sales and fundraising efforts of the Cincinnati Shakespeare Company. As responsibilities will include supporting all CSC external communications to patrons and donors, the Associate should be skilled at multiple forms of communication including social media, email, website, and print material messaging; donor appeals and acknowledgements; grant applications and major gift proposals. The Associate will also help manage CSC’s patron and donor database, and as such should possess strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and high personal integrity.
The ideal candidate:
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills. Applicants invited to advance in the interview process will be asked to complete a timed writing exercise.
- Is organized and confident in their ability to complete tasks in timely fashion.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and can process information on the fly.
- Possesses an innate curiosity and willingness to learn.
- Enjoys working collaboratively but also takes initiative to work independently and think creatively to problem-solve.
- Experience or knowledge of content management systems and software and e-marketing platforms (such as Spektrix, Dotmailer, MailChimp, Constant Contact, Salesforce, Patron Technology, etc.) or ability to learn required technology quickly.
- Excellent project management, verbal/written communication, and computer skills (including Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel) required.
- Has a sense of humor, collaborative spirit, and genuine belief in advancing the mission and strategic vision of Cincinnati Shakespeare Company.
Marketing — 70%
- Assist with marketing and communications content creation and execution
- Develop, edit, publish, and track content for a range of print and digital communications channels.
- Assist in the creation of campaigns around all revenue-generating activities, as well as other key programs with strategic goals in mind.
- Execute creation of weekly targeted emails including the design as well as targeted database management.
- Assist with distributing, documenting, and analyzing patron research and data.
- Assist with social media initiatives and metric tracking through Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube.
- Assist with education department marketing, management, and sales
- Own and complete the paperwork and bookkeeping for the education department including follow up for contracts and payments from teachers in coordination with the Managing Director.
- Coordinate school trips and visit with the company calendar and teachers.
- Track daily, weekly and monthly KPIs to monitor sales and ensure sales are on track.
- Understand the sales business to participate in budgeting and forecasting for future seasons.
- Patron Database Management (Spektrix is used for a 360 view of patrons and donors)
- Utilize database to query data, create segments, and prepare reports and communications to patrons and audience members.
- Maintain and enhance data integrity in patron database.
- Support Box Office and Front of House patron activities during key on-sale or busy customer service times.
- General marketing support
- Assist in administrative needs of the marketing and sales department.
Development – 30%
- Donor Communications
- Support institutional giving strategies through research and prospecting, as well as drafting and editing of renewal grant applications
- Draft, edit, and/or proof donor communications including acknowledgments, appeals, proposals, website copy, and impact reports.
- Donor Database Management (Spektrix is used for a 360 view of patrons and donors)
- Process, record, and acknowledge incoming gifts
- Utilize database to query data, create segments, and prepare reports and communications to funders
- Maintain and enhance data integrity in donor database
- General Development Support
- Assist in execution of Development special events, including annual Revel gala
Compensation & Benefits
This is a full time, hourly position with range of $13-$15 per hour (received through biweekly payroll). In addition to this wage, the Communications Associate receives:
- Ten days of paid vacation, accrued seasonally.
- Six days of paid sick leave, accrued seasonally.
- Paid holiday leave.
- Access to group health insurance through Anthem with 50% of employee premiums paid by CSC.
- Optional enrollment in Health Savings Account plan.
- Access to dental insurance through Dental Care Plus with 50% of employee premiums paid by CSC.
- Life and AD&D coverage for the employee paid by CSC.
- Parental leave, short-term medical leave.
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with employer match.
- Free access to CSC educational programming for dependents (Groundlings Junior, Groundlings, Summer Camp).
- Complimentary enrollment and membership to the Y which offers fitness facilities throughout the region and other wellness benefits.
- Complimentary and discounted tickets to all CSC productions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
CSC is proudly pluralistic and committed to providing equal opportunity for outstanding humans. CSC actively seeks nominations of applications from qualified individuals, from the broadest possible community, and is interested in receiving applications from individuals who enhance the diversity of its work force.
To apply visit the job posting on the CSC site and scroll down.