CenterStage Players announce auditions for
MISS BENNET: CHRISTMAS IN PEMBERLEY
We are thrilled to announce auditions for our first show as we return to the stage . . .
MISS BENNET: CHRISTMAS IN PEMBERLEY by Lauren Gunderson and Margot Melcon
Directed by Darren Lee
MISS BENNET: CHRISTMAS IN PEMBERLEY takes place two years after the conclusion of Pride and Prejudice. We get to revisit many of our favorite characters including Lizzy, Mr. Darcy, Jane, Mr. Bingley, and Lydia and finally get to know more about Mary Bennet, the middle sister who has been written off as a spinster who will never be married. Lizzy and Mr. Darcy have decided to host Christmas at their estate, Pemberley, this year, and Lizzy’s sisters show up a few days early to prepare for the holiday. Jane is seven months pregnant, Lydia is still pretending that her marriage to Mr. Wickham is not a total disaster, and Mary is lonelier than ever stuck at home with their parents and youngest sister, Kitty. When Mr. Darcy’s cousin Arthur De Bourgh shows up at Pemberley to spend the holiday with them, Mary’s life suddenly gets more interesting. She and Arthur seem to have all the same interests and find that they enjoy talking to one another. Could this be love? Mary and Arthur’s relationship seems to be progressing well until Arthur’s cousin, Lady Anne, shows up and tells him that they are engaged to be married. Arthur is confused, Mary feels betrayed, and everyone in the house decides to work together to fix this situation and bring Arthur and Mary back together. It takes a Christmas miracle, a lot of communication, and a touch of forgiveness to convince Mary and Arthur that they are meant for each other and can choose to be in love.
Auditions will be held on Sunday, July 25th from 1:00-3:00 PM and on Monday July 26th from 7:00-9:00 PM.
Auditions will be held at Lockland High School – 249 West Forrer Avenue, Cincinnati, OH (enter using door #10 from the main parking lot).
To reserve an audition time, please click on the link below. Walk-ins will be accommodated if there are openings in the schedule or at the end of each particular day.
Auditions will consist of cold readings from the script. Headshots and resumes are appreciated.
In lieu of in-person auditions (if preferred) a one to three minute video monologue may be submitted to the director (Darren Lee) at email@example.com. Rehearsals will begin in September and the show runs from November 12th – 21st at Lockland High School.
NOTE: For the safety of everyone, auditions will comply with current CDC guidelines. If you have not been vaccinated, you will be asked to wear a mask during your audition and ensure that social distancing is maintained.
Cast of Characters
- MARY BENNET—20. Finally coming in to her own, she is no longer the plain, boring girl she once was. She has a fire in her now. She is intelligent, curious, and lively, but her family only sees her as a future spinster. She does not suffer fools. She wants to live.
- ARTHUR DE BOURGH—25. A studious, unsociable only child who has never been around women or large families. He is a loner who prefers books to people. He has recently inherited a large estate and has no idea what to do next.
- ELIZABETH “LIZZY” DARCY—22. Married to Mr. Darcy. Confident, charming, and witty. She makes a fun and surprising lady of the house. She is best friends with her sister Jane.
- FITZWILLIAM DARCY—30. A loving, generous, and smart (if slightly stiff) husband. He is quiet and vigilant and thus sees what others often miss. He knows what being lovelorn is like.
- JANE BINGLEY—24. Married to Mr. Bingley. She is seven months pregnant with her first child and is sweet and optimistic as ever. The kindest heart in the house.
- CHARLES BINGLEY—25. Gracious, happy and ever focused on the love of his life, Jane. A good friend and always ready with a smile.
- LYDIA WICKHAM—17. Flirtatious, youthful, self-centered. Her marriage to Mr. Wickham is a sham but she will not admit this. She is the person you want to have at your party: energetic, engaging, unstoppable.
- ANNE DE BOURGH—20s. Only daughter of the late Lady Catherine de Bourgh. Lived in her mother’s very large shadow, never having to ask for anything or speak for herself her entire life. Judgmental and impatient, just like her mother.
NOTE: Character ages are for reference only. We will focus on the talent of the performers to cast this show.