Cincinnati Music Theatre is proud to announce auditions for SHOUT! THE MOD MUSICAL.
With its irresistible blend of hip-swiveling hits, eye-popping fashions and outrageous dance moves, SHOUT! The Mod Musical takes audiences back to the music, style and freedom of the 1960s. SHOUT! has terrific new arrangements of such classic tunes as “To Sir with Love,” “Downtown,” “Son of a Preacher Man” and “Goldfinger”. The revue follows five groovy gals as they come of age during those glorious days that made England swing. Traveling in time from 1960 to 1970, SHOUT! chronicles the dawning liberation of women, from the rise of Dusty Springfield, Petula Clark and Cilla Black as independent women with major careers, to their American counterparts, redefining themselves in the face of changing attitudes about gender.
Auditions are by appointment on Sunday, July 11th from 3-6pm & Monday, July 12th from 7-10pm.
Callbacks will be held on Wednesday, July 14th from 7-9pm.
At Clifton United Methodist Church, 3416 Clifton Ave, Cincinnati OH 45220
Each day’s music and dance auditions will be conducted in groups on the hour. It is important that you arrive 15 minutes prior to the audition time and be prepared to stay for the entire 60 minutes. An accompanist will be provided (no CD’s, tapes or a cappella numbers). The dance audition will be movements reminiscent of the 60s. Walk-ins are welcome, but you may need to wait for the next available slot.
Please bring to the audition:
- Sheet music in the proper key with cuts marked: 32 bars of two 1960’s style pop songs: one uptempo and one ballad that showcase your vocal range. Songs from the musical can be sung.
- A copy of your resume and headshot.
- Your COVID vaccination card (All auditionees are required to show their vaccination card.)
Rehearsals will begin immediately following the auditions and continue until the show opens.
SHOUT! The Mod Musical runs September 3-11 in the Fifth Third Theatre at the Aronoff Center for the Arts.
Audition sign-up link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0a4ea4ae29abfb6-shout
- Blue Girl: A blue-blooded fashion model. Sophisticated, poised, and cool. She is vain and not particularly friendly. Vocal Range Top: F5; Vocal range bottom: F3
- Green Girl: A good-time girl. Blousy, middle-class, and zany. She is a bit frayed at the edges, and hopelessly single. A comedian of sorts. Vocal Range Top: F5; Vocal range bottom: F3
- Orange Girl: The “mother” of the group. Domestic and maternal, she is wise, soulful, and mature. Slowly asserting her new-found independence. Vocal Range Top: B5; Vocal range bottom: F3
- Red Girl: The “baby” of the group, she is an exciting blend of youthful contradictions. Quirky, enthusiastic, and naïve. A hopeless romantic who is insecure about her looks. Vocal Range Top: G5; Vocal range bottom: F3
- Yellow Girl: A loud, uninhibited American girl driven by her emotions. She is a ray of sunshine with a surprising vulnerability. Possesses a big, rock diva belt. Vocal Range Top: E5; Vocal range bottom: F3
Choreographer: Dave Radtke
Costumes: Cathy Ross
Director: Richard Zenk
Music Director: Alan Masters
Producer: Barbara Alenduff
Sound Design and Execution: Jon Scheiding