Footlighters, Inc. will present She‘s Crazy: Mental Health & Other Myths online in recognition of Mental Health Month on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, April 30, 2021 through Sunday May 2, 2021. Footlighters is thankful for your continued support and would like to support YOU through Mental Health Month. The theme is: Changing Minds and Changing the Conversation About Mental Health Issues and Addiction.
She‘s Crazy: Mental Health & Other Myths is musical theater edutainment that educates, uplifts, and inspires audiences to reduce the stigma surrounding mental illness. Topics addressed include depression, bipolar disorder, addiction, PTSD, and suicide. Mental health disorders are much more common than most people think, and have biological, genetic, and environmental causes. 1 in 4 Americans suffer from mental illness—that’s 62 million people.
She’s Crazy takes a very unique approach to this very relevant topic. Through humor, personal stories and songs, She’s Crazy has brought healing and hope to audiences since 2015. Learning outcomes…The audience will:
- Examine and evaluate mental health issues of people close to them – relatives, friends, themselves – related to the personal issues presented in the show.
- Understand the link between mental illness and addiction.
- Recognize that PTSD can result from sexual assault, or witnessing or experiencing a traumatic event. Realize that the stigma surrounding mental illness can impact a person’s willingness to seek treatment or talk openly about their experience.
- Come to understand the many reasons why people do not seek treatment.
“She’s Crazy” is presented by Stop The Stigma Productions, a nonprofit corporation with 501(c)(3) status as a public charity, in partnership with Footlighters, Inc.
- Friday, April 30, Saturday, May 1 and Sunday May 2.
7:30 PM Friday and Saturday, and 2:30 PM Sunday.
The show is 75 minutes long, with a Q&A with the performers for 15 minutes after.
Footlighters, Inc. has presented performances in the Greater Cincinnati area for over 50 years. The group is noted for producing quality community theatre productions of primarily musical comedies and bought its own facility in 1987. The Stained Glass Theatre, a former church, is on the National Register of Historic Places and is designated a Kentucky landmark.
Donate now or learn more at our website www.footlighters.org or become a friend on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Footlighters-Inc/287519888305 .