Fairfield Footlighters announce auditions for KEN LUDWIG’S BASKERVILLE: A SHERLOCK HOLMES MYSTERY
Get your deerstalker cap on — the play’s afoot! From the award-winning mastermind of mayhem, Ken Ludwig (Lend Me a Tenor), comes a fast-paced comedy about everyone’s favorite detective solving his most notorious case. Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson must crack the mystery of “The Hound of the Baskervilles” before a family curse dooms its newest heir. Watch as our intrepid investigators try to escape a dizzying web of clues, silly accents, disguises and deceit as five actors deftly portray over 40 characters. Does a wild hellhound prowl the moors of Devonshire? Can our heroes discover the truth in time? Join the fun and see how far from elementary the truth can be.
Four live performances scheduled for November 20-22, with the possibility of live-stream. Directed by Kevin Noll.
Choose an audition slot no later than Sept 25 through SignUpGenius.
- Auditions will be three (3) people per time slot. Each time slot is 30 minutes.
- Once you sign up for an audition slot, the director will email an audition form to complete.
- Contact the director with any questions via the SignUpGenius link.
Monday, September 28 in the FCAC Theatre from 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM. Audition by appointment only.
Tuesday, September 29 in the FCAC Theatre from 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM. Audition by appointment only.
Call-backs, if needed, will be Wednesday at 6:30 PM
AUDITIONS WILL FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES:
Everyone entering the FCAC Theater must wear a face mask. Those auditioning can remove their mask once onstage for their audition, but must wear when in proximity to other people. Those auditioning should stay outside the theater until they called in via text or voice. Everyone must social distance.
Welcome to AUDITION!
Auditions for 2 Male Leads | 2 Male Supporting | 3 Female Supporting
Auditions will consist of cold-readings from sides. Please be prepared to list all rehearsal conflicts.
- Sherlock Holmes: Highly intelligent, confident, charismatic, quick-witted, obsessive. Thinks highly of his close friend Watson. A sophisticated mind who savors adventure and an intriguing mystery, and has a manic gleam of mischief in his eyes. A mind that works overtime.
- Doctor Watson: Smart, grounded, full of heart and wonder, lives to have adventures and assist his close friend Holmes. We see the play through his eyes. He is the heart and soul of the play.
- 5 Actors (3 male, 2 female) to play multiple roles. Versatility and nimbleness, physically and vocally, are a plus. Multiple accents and character ages will vary.
- Multiple roles to include:
- Stapleton, a seemingly geeky butterfly lover who conceals a psychopath within
- Miss Stapleton, Stapleton’s initially secretive, scared “sister” who passionately falls in love with Sir Henry
- Barrymore, mournful caretaker of Baskerville Hall
- Mrs. Barrymore, severe, humorless Swedish caretaker of Baskerville Hall
- Milker, scrappy Dickensian urchin boy
- Dr. Mortimer, elegant, friendly, passionate
- Sir Hugo Baskerville, a brutal, cruel Cavalier
- Sir Henry Baskerville, young Texan relation to Baskervilles, open-hearted, earnest, ready for adventure and to fall in love
- Wilson, exuberant, hearty head of messenger office
- Lucy, loving wife of Wilson
- Inspector Lestrade, cocky police inspector
- Cartwright, another scrappy Dickensian urchin boy
- Mrs. Hudson, older, maternal housekeeper for Hol