Ursuline Academy, a private Catholic college-preparatory school for young women in grades 9–12, has a need for a Technical Director beginning with the 2020-2021 school year. The position entails overseeing students in the planning and execution of lighting, sound, and stage setup of the fall musical and spring play, and supporting the Theatre Arts Group (TAG) show. This also entails providing reports and documentation which reflect materials, equipment, and other costs associated with a stage production as well as reporting all maintenance needs. This position involves weekend and evening commitments; approximately 6-8 hours per week during months of August-November and January-April. More hours are to be expected during tech week. Contract period: July 30, 2020-April 30, 2021.
- Provide adult guidance and assistance to students as they design and build all aspects of each production (set, lights, sounds, props, marketing and publicity) in accordance to the rules set in place by the Cappies of Greater Cincinnati
- Collaborate with Theatre Director to help oversee coherent rehearsals, dress rehearsals, and performances
- Prepare a financially responsible list of tech needs for each show to Theatre Director and Performing Arts Director to ensure all items can be purchased and delivered in a timely manner
- Assist Costume Shop Mentor with their equipment maintenance and needs
- Attend all production meetings with Performing Arts Director, Vocal Director, Theatre Director, Costumes Shop Mentor, and student production team
- Experience serving as technical director in a variety of high school theatrical productions; a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate subject area is preferred
- Effective communication skills
- Understanding of and the ability to live out the mission of Ursuline Academy
- Desire to collaborate with colleagues on a regular basis
- Knowledge of the Cappies of Greater Cincinnati and their rules is preferred
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Completion of background check and VIRTUS
Please email a cover letter, résumé, and three professional references to Jimmy Wiederhold, Performing Arts Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.