Ursuline Academy, a private Catholic college-preparatory school for young women in grades 9–12, has a need for a Theatre Director beginning with the 2020-2021 school year. The position entails managing, coordinating, and directing all aspects of the fall musical and spring play, and supporting our Theatre Arts Group (TAG) show. This includes auditions, instruction, and direction leading up to and including performance weekend. This position involves weekend and evening commitments; approximately 8-10 hours per week during months of August-November and January-April. More hours are to be expected during tech week. Contract period: May 26, 2020-May 26, 2021.
- Effectively interpret and execute, in cooperation with the production team, the artistic elements of each show
- Integrate and feature a large group of students into the production through both acting and technical theatre
- Prepare and lead coherent rehearsals, dress rehearsals, and performances
- Oversee show design while collaborating with Technical Director and Costume Shop Mentor, and communicate all production team needs to Performing Arts Director
- Oversee student choreographers as they lead in teaching dance for musical numbers
- Attend all production meetings with Performing Arts Director, Vocal Director, Technical Director, Costume Shop Mentor, and student production team
- Experience directing a variety of high school theatrical productions; a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate subject area is preferred
- Experience as a theatrical performer is preferred
- Effective communication skills
- Understanding of and the ability to live out the mission of Ursuline Academy
- Desire to collaborate with colleagues on a regular basis
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Knowledge of the Cappies of Greater Cincinnati and their rules is preferred
- Completion of background check and VIRTUS
Please email a cover letter, résumé, and three professional references to Jimmy Wiederhold, Performing Arts Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.