Ursuline Academy, a private Catholic college-preparatory school for young women in grades 9–12, has a need for a Costume Shop Mentor beginning with the 2020-2021 school year. The position entails overseeing students in the planning and execution of costume design, production, costume changes, and emergency alterations for two stage productions: fall musical and spring play. This includes auditions, instruction, and direction leading up to and including performance weekend. This position involves weekend and evening commitments; approximately 4-5 hours per week during months of August-November and January-April. More hours are to be expected during tech week. Contract period: July 30, 2020-April 30, 2021.
- Provide adult guidance and assistance to students as they perform machine and hand sewing, costume construction, patterning, and alterations for each production in accordance to the rules set in place by the Cappies of Greater Cincinnati
- Collaborate with Theatre and Technical Directors to help oversee coherent rehearsals, dress rehearsals, and performances
- Report equipment maintenance and needs to Technical Director
- Attend all production meetings with Performing Arts Director, Vocal Director, Theatre Director, Technical Director, and student production team
- Experience in costuming for high school theatrical productions
- Effective communication skills
- Understanding of and the ability to live out the mission of Ursuline Academy
- Desire to collaborate with colleagues on a regular basis
- Knowledge of the Cappies of Greater Cincinnati and their rules is preferred
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Completion of background check and VIRTUS
Please email a cover letter, résumé, and three professional references to Jimmy Wiederhold, Performing Arts Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.