INTO THE WOODS
Show Dates: June 5-7, 2020
For even more detailed information, visit the RTC audition page at https://royaltheatrecompany.com/shows-and-tickets/upcoming-shows/audition-signups/
To sign up for an Audition Appointment: Click Here
Audition Dates: January 27 and 28, 2020 *by appointment
Callbacks: Wednesday, January 29 at 6pm and/or Thursday, January 30 at 5:30pm (Final Callbacks) at FBC Mason, 735 Reading Road (see notes below)
First Rehearsal: Sunday, February 9th
Parent Meeting: Sunday, February 9th
James Lapine and Stephen Sondheim take everyone’s favorite storybook characters and bring them together for a timeless, yet relevant, piece… and a rare modern classic. The Tony Award-winning book and score are both enchanting and touching.
The story follows a Baker and his wife, who wish to have a child; Cinderella, who wishes to attend the King’s Festival; and Jack, who wishes his cow would give milk. When the Baker and his wife learn that they cannot have a child because of a Witch’s curse, the two set off on a journey to break the curse. Everyone’s wish is granted, but the consequences of their actions return to haunt them later with disastrous results.
One of Sondheim’s most popular works, Into the Woods is a musically sophisticated show with the opportunity to feature actors adept at dark comedy.
AUDITIONS: January 27 and 28, 2020, from 6-9pm each night at FBC Mason, 735 Reading Road * by appointment
CALLBACKS: Wednesday, January 29 and Thursday, January 30 at 5:30pm (Final Callbacks) at FBC Mason, 735 Reading Road
AUDITION AGES: 7-18 years old
FIRST REHEARSAL: Sunday, February 9th at 1PM.
PARENT MEETING: Sunday, February 9th at 1:15PM.
REHEARSALS: Sun. 1-5pm, Tues./Thur. 6-9pm, at ROYAL’s Main Street Studio; the entire cast will be called for the first two weeks, and then a full rehearsal schedule for all roles will be distributed.
SHOW DATES: June 5th, 6th, & 7th
- Director: Dirk Doebereiner
- Choreographer: Jay Goodlett
An Audition Appointment is NECESSARY
Auditions: Click Here
Audition signups close on January 23rd!
Place: FBC Mason, 735 Reading Road, Mason
- Bring a small current headshot photo to the audition (photos will not be returned). Photo does NOT need to be professional.
- Make an Audition Appointment and print the resulting audition form. Be sure to bring that printed audition form to the audition.
- You only need to come to one of the audition dates. Appointments are very strongly recommended. Those without an appointment may not be able to audition if time slots are not available.
- If you cannot make either audition date, you may submit a video audition. Please click Video Audition Information for details. Video Auditions must be submitted to Production@ROYALTheatreCompany.com by January 28 by 5:00pm.
- Callbacks will be held on Wednesday, January 29th and Thursday, January 30th at FBC Mason, 735 Reading Road. Those who are called back must be available for the entire callback time.
- Email any questions to Production@ROYALTheatreCompany.com