Dare to Defy Productions is thrilled to announce auditions for our upcoming production of the musical BONNIE & CLYDE. The show will run May 14, 2020 – May 17, 2020 at the Brightside Music and Event Center with a tentative first rehearsal on April 6, 2020.
Auditions/callbacks will be held on December 15, 2019 starting at 2:00 pm. You will not need to prepare your own songs, we will only be working material from the show. To receive callback materials, please send your headshot/resume to email@example.com
All roles are available. All Ethnicities are encouraged to audition. These are paid non-union contract positions. Please see casting breakdown below.
- BONNIE PARKER: (18 TO 25) A BEAUTIFUL GIRL TORN BETWEEN LOVE AND FAME. CLYDE’S AMBITIOUS, STUBBORN LOVER. G3-F5
- YOUNG BONNIE: THE YOUNG HOPEFUL AND FAN OF CLARA BOW, AT 10 AND 14. C#4-C5
- BLANCHE BARROW: (25 TO 35) A RELIGIOUS WOMAN WHO DISAPPROVES OF THE CRIMINAL LIFESTYLE. HONORABLE AND RIGHTEOUS. MARRIED TO BUCK BARROW. G3-EB5
- EMMA PARKER: (40 TO 55) BONNIES’ WIDOWED MOTHER. FRAGILE, CARING, SENSITIVE.
- CUMIE BARROW: (40 TO 55) A KIND WOMAN. LOYAL AND SELFLESS. MOTHER TO CLYDE AND BUCK.
- GOVERNOR MIRIAM FERGUSON: (40 TO 60) AN ENFORCER OF THE LAW AND GOVENOR OF TEXAS. TOUGH AND HARSH.
- CLYDE BARROW: (18 TO 25) A CHARMING SMALL-TOWN BOY WHO CRAVES NOTORIETY. BONNIE’S RECKLESS, BOLD, DARING LOVER. A2-C5
- YOUNG CLYDE: THE YOUNG SHARPSHOOTER AT 11 AND 15. B3-A5
- MARVIN “BUCK” BARROW: (25 TO 35) CLYDE’S BROTHER AND OUTLAW TROUBLED BY HIS WIFE’S DISTATE FOR HIS LIFESTYLE. ADVENTUROUS AND LOYAL. B2-G4
- TED HINTON: (18 to 25) A POLICE OFFER SRUGGLING TO SEPARATE HIS FEELINGS FROM HIS DUTIES. KIND AND HONEST. MADLY IN LOVE WITH BONNIE. C3-A4
- PREACHER: (40 TO 65) THE TOWN’S EVANGELIST. LOUD, PASSIONATE, BOISTEROUS. A2-C5
- HENRY BARROW: (45 TO 60) A HARD WORKING MAN, STRUGGLING TO SURVIVE, HUMBLE AND QUIET. FATHER OF CLYDE AND BUCK.