Please carefully read through all of the below information. Click here for the Facebook event.
Sun, Sept. 15 at 5pm & Tue, Sept. 17 at 6pm
7350 Dixie Hwy, Fairfield, Ohio 45014
Auditions will be in the Prayer Chapel, behind the Main Sanctuary. Enter through the doors by the red steps, facing CCS Elementary School.
Auditions are on a first-come, first serve-basis. Those auditioning will be seen as they arrive and sign in, with the exception of dancers. Dancers are to be here promptly at the start of auditions.
You only need to come to one day of auditions.
Auditions will consist of a cold read from the script. Please also come with a clean, thirty second to one minute monologue of your choice.
Those auditioning for a singing role, please also come with a prepared audition song, roughly 16 bars (1 minute maximum). Roles listed with an asterisk* require singing. Soldiers and Townspeople are nonspeaking, but require some group/choral singing. All other singing roles are also speaking.
Anyone under the age of 18 must have a parent with them at the audition to read over and sign the audition form. Those who are 18 but still in high school will still need a parent to be with them. Thank you!
*PLEASE NOTE: IF NEEDED, THERE WILL BE CALLBACKS ON THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 19TH 6-9PM*
ABOUT THE CHRISTMAS JOURNEY:
The Christmas Journey is a TCA Worship Arts original that gives the audience a closer look at the people we often hear about leading up to the birth of Jesus, but never get to know deeper. By experiencing a bit of their different encounters, we will get to see more of the role they played, how they might have been affected, and what it might have been like to be one of those key figures as they went on the journey of a lifetime to the birth of the Messiah!
NOTE: The age listed next to each role is the stage age, the age the character must appear to be.
- Mom- late 20s to mid 40s
- Matthew- age 6-10, please note this role has a lot of lines
- *Joseph- age 18-30 *This role involves spoken word*(coaching provided)
- *Mary- age 17-25 **This role involves spoken word** (coaching provided)
- *Elizabeth- age 35-60
- Innkeeper- age 40+
- Innkeeper’s wife- age 40+
- *King Herod- age 40+
- *King Herod’s Servant- age 18-35
- *Roman Soldier (six total Roman Soldiers)- age 18+
- Melchoir (magi/wise man)- age 40+
- Balthasar (magi/wise man)- age 40+
- Caspar (magi/wise man)- age 30+
- Caspar’s wife- age 30+
- Caspar’s child- age 8-12
- Shepherd 1 (Asher)- age 30+
- Shepherd 2 (Zebulun)- age 16+
- *Townspeople- While we are looking to cast mostly 18+ for townspeople, there is a need for some children and teens. ALL AGES are welcome and are encouraged to audition
- Dancers- Looking for a variety of ages for two dance numbers. Dancers auditioning will learn a section of choreography from each song. Dancers may even have chance to show a prepared 1 minute routine. Please come dressed in modest dance attire.
- *Celebrate the King singers- Precast
All roles are open to all ethnicities. If you are interested in a specific role, but feel you might not be the right age, please still audition.
Rehearsals: Sundays 5-8 pm and Thursdays 6-9pm, beginning Sunday, October 13th
Performances: Friday, December 13th at 7pm, Saturday, December 14th at 2pm, Sunday, December 15th during the morning service 10am.
Signing up for auditions beforehand is not required, but certainly encouraged. To sign up, or if you have questions, contact Tiffany Adamson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Written by Dominique Horsley & Tiffany Adamson
Directed by Tiffany Adamson