ROYAL Theatre Company is proudly presenting Disney’s FROZEN JR. November 15-17, 2019.
Auditions are the week of August 5th. Sign up for your audition appointment here: https://royaltheatrecompany.com/shows-and-tickets/upcoming-shows/audition-signups/
The enchanting modern classic from Disney is ready for your Broadway Junior stars! FROZEN JR. is based on the 2018 Broadway musical, and brings Elsa, Anna, and the magical land of Arendelle to life, onstage. The show features all of the memorable songs from the animated film, with music and lyrics by Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez, plus five new songs written for the Broadway production.
A story of true love and acceptance between sisters, FROZEN JR. expands upon the emotional relationship and journey between Princesses Anna and Elsa. When faced with danger, the two discover their hidden potential and the powerful bond of sisterhood. With a cast of beloved characters and loaded with magic, adventure, and plenty of humor, Frozen JR. is sure to thaw even the coldest heart!
AUDITIONS: August 5 and 6, 2019, from 6-9PM each night at FBC Mason, 735 Reading Road * by appointment
CALLBACKS: Wed, Aug 7th and Thur Aug 8th at 5:30pm (Final Callbacks) at FBC Mason, 735 Reading Road
AUDITION AGES: 6-18 years old
FIRST REHEARSAL: Sunday, August 18th at 1PM.
PARENT MEETING: Sunday, August 18th at 1:15PM.
REHEARSALS: Sun. 1-5PM, Tues./Thur. 6-9PM, at ROYAL’s Main Street Studio; the entire cast will be called for the first two weeks, and then a full rehearsal schedule for all roles will be distributed.
SHOW DATES: November 15, 16, 17th
- Director: Dirk Doebereiner
- Choreographer: Jay Goodlett
An Audition Appointment is NECESSARY
Ages 6-18: Please click here
Place: FBC Mason, 735 Reading Road, Mason
- Bring a small current headshot photo to the audition (photos will not be returned). Photo does NOT need to be professional.
- Make an Audition Appointment and print the resulting audition form. Be sure to bring that printed audition form to the audition.
- You only need to come to one of the audition dates. Appointments are very strongly recommended. Those without an appointment may not be able to audition if time slots are not available.
- If you cannot make either audition date, you may submit a video audition. Please click Video Audition Information for details. Video Auditions must be submitted to Production@ROYALTheatreCompany.com by August 7th by 5:00pm.
- Callbacks will be held on Wed, Aug 7th and Thur Aug 8th at FBC Mason, 735 Reading Road. Those who are called back must be available for the entire callback time.
- Email any questions to Production@ROYALTheatreCompany.com
- First rehearsal will be Sunday, August 18th. The entire cast will be called for the first two weeks, and then a full rehearsal schedule for all roles will be distributed for the remaining dates.
- There will also be a mandatory parent meeting on Sunday, August 18th. Additional details will be provided.
- Rehearsals will be on Sunday afternoons (1-5PM) and Tuesday and Thursday evenings (6-9PM) at ROYAL’s Main Street Studios in Mason.
- Those cast in this show will pay a $135 participation fee which covers the cost of: a souvenir show t-shirt, garment bag for your costume/s, a one-line personal ad in the playbill, lunch between shows on Saturday, and the main parts of your costume.
- Actors may be asked to supply specific generic pieces or accessories (ex. jeans, socks, tights, shoes, etc.)
- It is mandatory that parents volunteer for at least 6 hours on pre-production jobs (set painting, set building, parent monitoring, etc.), as well as for 3 volunteer time slots during the tech/show week (ticket sales, concessions, green room, etc.). Parents who cannot make this commitment should not have their children audition.
NOTE: We value your time and that of all actors. You may be stopped before the end of your audition. This is not a reflection of your performance only that the directors have seen or heard what they need to. If you have a specific part of your song you feel is very important, try to start near that portion so you are not stopped before reaching it.
Monologue: Please prepare a 30 second monologue.
- Please prepare 30 seconds of a song. Your song should showcase your acting ability and skills while singing.
- NO SONGS FROM FROZEN, but please choose a song in the same style. No pop songs.
- No a cappella. YOU MUST bring music with no background vocals. No accompanist will be available. Music tracks can be found on Amazon, YouTube, iTunes, etc.
- It is strongly recommended that you use an accompaniment track. There will be a CD player and speaker connection for MP3 players available. MP3 Player needs to have AUX cord capability.
- Please bring your accompaniment track on your phone, a CD or an MP3 Player.
When using a CD, please edit your track to the beginning of where you will be singing.
- When using an MP3 Player, please edit your track or cue the track to the beginning of where you will be singing, and verify you have AUX cord capability.
Please note we cannot be responsible if CD/MP3 does not play properly.
Suggestions for your song:
- Select a song that is similar in style to the songs from Frozen, and showcases your voice and your vocal range.
- Select a song that has as few key changes as possible.
- Select a song that does not have lots of rests or sing the song without those rests.
- If possible, pick a song that shows some quick delivery of words and pitches as well as some longer, sustained notes.
CALLBACKS will include a dance.
Auditioners may be asked to learn a simple dance pattern at callbacks for those selected for dance callbacks ONLY. Please wear dance-friendly shoes to callbacks.
What’s it like to be in a ROYAL show?
Fun! Kids and adults have a great time working together to produce a great show. Whether you’re on stage or part of the stage/tech crew you’re a valuable part of a terrific show.
Being part of a ROYAL show is a big commitment not only for the individual but for their family. Rehearsals are as frequent as 3 times per week, and for the week prior to the show we rehearse each evening at the theatre.
All the hard work is worth it and a life-long memory is yours to show for it!