Cincinnati Landmark Productions is seeking a part-time Costume Assistant/Finisher to work in our fabulous Costume Shop for The Covedale Center for the Performing Arts and The Warsaw Federal Incline Theater
Must have high school diploma or equivalency, some college preferred. Have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation. Must be able to work in an unsupervised environment at The Covedale Center for the Performing Arts AND The Warsaw Federal Incline Theatre. Must be a self-starter, dependable, and have excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Basic pattern drafting skills.
- STRONG knowledge of/experience in basic hand and machine sewing techniques.
- Basic knowledge of costume and fashion history.
- Basic knowledge of fabric types and their uses for stage.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Must be willing/able to climb a ladder and stairs.
- Must be able to stand/sit for long periods.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to take direction and work unsupervised.
- Assists Costume Designer in the creation of patterns and finished costume garments.
- Cuts fabric based on patterns.
- Grades pattern to other sizes as needed.
- Stitches made to order garments and fitting alterations.
- Manages pattern collection.
- Manages time and equipment in an effective manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Costume Designer such as attending fittings, laundry, pulling and restocking costumes, crafts, fabric painting, millinery.
- Launders costumes and sends dry cleanable items to cleaners.
- Oversees general shop organization and keeps shop tidy.
- Pulls and restocks costumes and props from stock.
- Manages time in an effective manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Costume designer such as crafts work, painting, millinery.
This is a part time position – Day time hours. Schedule and hours will be determined with the candidate. MUST be available as needed during performances when necessary.
If interested, please send resume to: Caren Brady, Costume Designer @ email@example.com No phone calls please. Start Date: IMMEDIATE.
Please note: These positions are a good fit for NON PERFORMERS – staffers will work during performances. Start date immediate.