Auditions for THE WIZARD OF OZ will be Tuesday April 30th and Wednesday May 1st at 7pm. Those auditioning should prepare a 1 minute song (32 bars) to sing a cappella, and there will be cold readings from the script. Also, be prepared to learn a selection of choreography. Children between the ages of 6-12 only need to prepare a song. Please know your conflicts for the months of May, June and early July.
The director is looking for the following roles:
- Dorothy (female; aged 14-20)
- Scarecrow/Hunk (male; aged 20+)
- Tinman/Hickory (male; aged 20+)
- Lion/Zeke (male; aged 20+)
- Glinda (female; aged 18+)
- Wicked Witch/Miss Gulch (aged 40+)
- Aunt Em (female; aged 40+) *Non-singing*
- Uncle Henry/Oz Guard (male; aged 40+)
- Prof. Marvel/Wizard (Male; aged 40+) *Non-singing*
- Winkie General
- Featured Chorus
- 3 Crows (male)
- 3 Trees (female)
- Munchkin Mayor
- Munchkin Coroner
- Munchkin Barrister
- Lollipop Guild (3 boys)
- Lullaby League (3 girls)
- Chorus: Jitterbugs, Winkies, Munchkins and Ozians
**Please note: The Wicked Witch of the West is traditionally a non-singing role, but may sing in this production. Also, Aunt Em and Glinda could be doubled.**
The show runs June 27-July 14.
There will be an informational meeting on Saturday May 4th at noon at the theatre.