November 9-17, 2018
Aronoff Center – Jarson-Kaplan Theater
Cincinnati Music Theatre Announces Casting for My Favorite Year
(Cincinnati, OH) – Cincinnati Music Theatre (CMT) is pleased to announce the casting of its fall production of My Favorite Year at the Aronoff Center’s Jarson-Kaplan Theater from November 9 -17, 2018 (see detailed schedule below). CMT has attracted some of the area’s top local talent and theatre veterans – many of whom have performed in past CMT productions – for its season opener.
MY FAVORITE YEAR – Cast List
- Matt Santeler (Benjy Stone): Donkey in Shrek, Ensemble in Billy Elliot (Cincinnati Music Theatre); Tinman in Wizard of Oz(Beechmont Players)
- Jeff Richardson (King Kaiser): Wilbur Turnblad in Hairspray, Igor in Young Frankenstein (Cincinnati Music Theater); Patsy inSpamalot (ShowBiz Players); Max Bialystock in The Producers (Footlighters)
- Bill Geraghty (Sy Benson): Edna Turnblad in Hairspray (Cincinnati Music Theatre); Nicky in Avenue Q (Showbiz Players); Luther Billis in South Pacific (Footlighters). Director, Chicago, May 2019 (Footlighters).
- Jen Drake (Alice Miller): Mrs. Wilkinson in Billy Elliot, Irene Roth in Crazy for You (Cincinnati Music Theatre); Countess Charlotte Malcolm in A Little Night Music (Mariemont Players)
- Peter B. Merten (Herb Lee): Pontius Pilate in The Last Days of Judas Iscariot (Village Players); Curtis Jackson in Sister Act (Cincinnati Music Theatre)
- Katelyn Reid (K.C. Downing): University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music graduate; Fiona in Shrek (Cincinnati Music Theatre); Meg Brockie in Brigadoon (Cincinnati Landmark Productions)
- Rob Bucher (Leo Silver): Ensemble in Billy Elliot (Cincinnati Music Theatre); Mr. Manningham in Angel Street (Sunset Players); Hysterium in A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum (The Drama Workshop)
- Wayne E. Wright (Alan Swann): Captain Hook in Peter Pan, Aldolpho in Drowsy Chaperone, Billy Flynn in Chicago, Lumiere in Disney’s Beauty and the Beast, Frank Cioffi in Curtains (Cincinnati Music Theatre)
- Marcie Brooks (Belle May Steinberg Carroca): University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music graduate; Cincinnati Entertainment Award Best Supporting Actress in a Musical for Mama Morton in Chicago (Cincinnati Music Theatre)
- Timothy M. Carney (Uncle Morty): Admiral Boom in Mary Poppins (Cincinnati Landmark Productions); Mr. Cherry in The Silver Whistle (Mariemont Players); Messerschamm in Ring Round the Moon (Village Players of Fort Thomas); Lord Canterville in The Canterville Ghost (Beechmont Players); Deputy John Curtis Butner in Southern Hospitality (Sunset Players)
- Patrick D. Carnes (Rookie Carroca): Cogsworth in Disney’s Beauty and the Beast (Cincinnati Music Theatre); Charlie in The Foreigner (Mariemont Players); Thurston Howell III in Gilligan’s Island: The Musical (Falcon Theatre)
- Samantha Toberman (Aunt Sadie): Miss Andrew in Mary Poppins, Frau Blucher in Young Frankenstein (Cincinnati Music Theatre); Domina in A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum (The Drama Workshop)
- Adrianne Maria Boris (Tess): New York University Gallatin School of Individualized Study graduate; Rizzo in Grease(Footlighters)
- Ensemble – Shannon Alter-Fredenburg, Victoria Garcia, Amy Gilmore, Gary Herman, Anna Masla, Isaac Owens, Chelsey Ross, Elizabeth Ruwe, Sharon Shelton, Regina Stack, Andrew Weidner, Rob Workley
A classic musical comedy with a heart of gold, My Favorite Year features a tuneful score by Tony Award-winning songwriters Lynn Ahrens and Stephen Flaherty, and is based on the hit Peter O’Toole film of the same name. It’s 1954, and Benjy Stone, writers’ assistant on TV’s ‘King Kaiser Comedy Cavalcade’, is assigned the daunting task of babysitting the veteran Hollywood swashbuckler, Alan Swann. The reckless Swann is in town to do a live guest appearance on the show and his antics and alcoholism nearly get Benjy fired. When Benjy is given an unexpected glimpse into Swann’s broken heart, though, he begins to discover a thing or two about life and love.
“This is a rarely produced show, which makes it special,” said Douglas Berlon, director of the musical. “It has such heart and warmth and wonderful appeal to all ages. Audiences will appreciate the nostalgia of it all.”
Tickets are $26.00 for adults and $23.00 for students/senior/military/groups of 15 or more, Tickets are available now atCincinnatiArts.org, (513) 621-ARTS , and the Aronoff Center Ticket Office.
MY FAVORITE YEAR PERFORMANCE SCHEDULE:
- Friday, Nov 9, 2018 – 7:30 PM
- Saturday, Nov 10, 2018 – 7:30PM
- Sunday, Nov 11, 2018 – 2:00 PM
- Wednesday, Nov 14, 2018 – 7:30 PM
- Thursday, Nov 15, 2018 – 7:30 PM
- Friday, Nov 16, 2018 – 7:30 PM
- Saturday, Nov 17, 2018 – 7:30 PM
About Cincinnati Music Theatre
One of Cincinnati’s oldest and most successful community theaters, CMT is proud of its long history of presenting popular, large scale, award-winning musicals to enthusiastic audiences from across the Greater Cincinnati area. For more information, visit www.cincinnatimusictheatre.org, LIKE us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/cincinnatimusictheatre, and follow us on Instagram @cincinnatimusictheatre.
My Favorite Year is presented through special arrangement with Music Theatre International (MTI). All authorized performance materials are also supplied by MTI. 421 West 54th Street, New York, NY 10019 www.MTIShows.com
# # #