Directed and Choreographed by Tracey Bonner
Music Direction by Xan Jeffery
Performances: March 30, 31, April 5, 6, 7, 12, 13, 14
Friday & Saturday Evenings at 7:30pm, Sundays at 3:00pm
Rehearsals evenings and weekends February 24- March 29
High energy beats and fast paced dance moves are hallmarks of swing music. The genre crossed racial and cultural barriers to bring us popular dances like the Lindy Hop, the Jive and more. SWING! celebrates this remarkable diversity to the beat of the most exhilarating songs of the period.
The Carnegie is seeking jazz singers and experienced dancers to take on this music review featuring hits from the big band era. Casting requires a small group of dedicated jazz singers as well as dancers who can sing well enough for the ensemble singing numbers. Dancers who can take on featured singing roles desired as well.
Auditions by Appointment Only on the Following Dates:
- November 3: 12-1:30pm Dance Call, 2-4pm Singing Auditions @NKU
- November 4: 4-5:30pm Dance Call, 6-8pm Singing Auditions @NKU
Callbacks: November 5, 6:30-10pm @ The Carnegie Theatre
Dance Call and Singing Audition are mandatory for Dance Ensemble/Dancer+Featured Singing Roles. If auditioning for Featured Solo Singing roles only, you may schedule a singing audition only, but may be asked to learn a short movement combo if selected for callbacks.
Please make every attempt to attend the callback if invited.
To schedule a time slot, please contact Maggie Perrino, email@example.com.
- 32 bars of a jazz standard
- Wear dance attire and be prepared to learn a dance combination. If auditioning for female roles, please bring both heeled and flat dance shoes to the audition.
- Bring sheet music in the correct key for the accompanist. A cappella auditions will not be accepted
- Resume listing theatrical experience and headshot/picture are required to audition. Please bring with you to the audition, do not send in advance.
- Cast members do not have to be the actual ages of the characters, but must be able to look age appropriate and act accordingly.
- All roles are paid. Not AEA eligible.
Auditions on November 3 & 4 will take place at NKU
- Dance Call Northern Kentucky University, Health Innovations Building, Room HE125
- Singing Auditions Northern Kentucky University, Fine Arts Building, Room 117
Callbacks on November 5 will take place at The Carnegie Theatre
1028 Scott Blvd, Covington, KY 41011
Please use Box Office entrance on Robbins St.
- Featured Singing Roles- Looking for 2-4 jazz singers to take on various solos, duets, and complex harmonic pieces throughout the show. Must move well, but not a technical dance role.
- Dancer+Featured Singing Roles- Looking for 2-4 dancer/singers to take on featured singing and harmony work who also possess technical dance skill and agility to work as part of the larger dance ensemble.
- Dance Ensemble Roles- Looking for 6 accomplished dancers to take on partnering, traditional swing dance, and ballroom movement in solo, duet, and ensemble dance numbers throughout the show. Lots of stage time and featured moments for all dancers.